Taken off at a T junction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Slowed to turn right from a major road onto the estate where I live, a car was waiting to emerge from the junction wishing to right on to the main road, her path of travel going behind me as I completed my right hand turn. Except as she manoeuvred behind me she caught my back wheel with the rear door of her car sending me sprawling across the highway. By the time I recovered my senses she was out of sight, the wheel spin as she changed down into second was a clear indication of her intent.

A driver coming in the opposite direction did stop; mind you he had no alternative as I was disentangling myself from under my frame. No physical damage done and the bike survived it’s just so damm scary lying in the middle of a busy road because someone just could not wait.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Should report that as a hit and run.

Glad to hear you are not hurt though.

montage

God Almighty
Ouch...not good! At least you are ok .... given the bike another check over? Don't forget to check all gears are working - if you fell to the right then there is a chance you may have bent the rear hanger...pushing the deraillur into the spokes when you are on your spinny gears. Sorry if this is evident, but it is something I missed the first time I crashed.

Hopefully a witness caught her number plate and reported it...one can but hope. Oh and hopefully you put a nice scratch down the side of the car :biggrin:

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
That was my first thought, but I think the chances of finding a dark saloon with a rubber mark somewhere in the rear drivers side is a bit of a long shot. No CCTV and the local Bill have enough to worry about without another indignant cyclist whining on about inconsiderate motorists.

TVC

Glad to hear you are OK. I know you don't want to bother the police, but this is hit and run. The driver had no way of knowing if you were injured or not, and from your first post clearly was aware of the collision.

You must report it - please.

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
I will nip in have a chat with the locals tomorrow.

Worth reporting - you could have been seriously hurt.

Best hope is that the car sustained damage and the driver has to fork out to repair it. Hitting them in their pocket might just teach them to give cyclists more room next time.

02GF74

Über Member
satans budgie said:
the local Bill have enough to worry about without another indignant cyclist whining on about inconsiderate motorists.

and what exactly do you pay them (from your concil tax) to do?

stop being a twat and report it.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Glad you're OK. Could it be that if the car was pulling out of the estate that it is fairly likely to belong to someone who lives there or who regularly visits? It might be an idea to start walking your dog through the estate regularly for a week or two on the off chance of seeing it parked up. All you then have to do is hang around to see if you can manage a positive ID on the driver.

Top Bottom