Talk to me about Heat Pump tumble driers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As per thread title.
MrsPete is hankering after one.

Positives & Negatives, please..

Gwylan

Veteran
Seems we don't have a heat pump drier. According to the head of domestic service delivery.
I am going to check.

figbat

Slippery scientist
We’re on our second. Therein lies one downside - if the heat pump part of the drier fails you can’t fix it yourself. However when working it is perfectly decent, we run ours in a utility room with the condensed water fed directly into a drain (rather than having to empty a tank every so often). We generally run it in an Eco mode but if needs be can be turned up to 11 and will dry in quick order.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

They're deared to buy, I've seen, but cheaper to run than a 'normal' condenser dryer.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We've got both a heat pump fridge and a heat pump freezer.

Ha! Took me a few moments..........very good.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

How much will it get used? Leccy savings enough to offset the extra cost over its lifetime?

We're needing a new dryer, anyway, so taking off the cost of a new condenser dryer it might not be too much more, possibly!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Our tumble dryer is a very old condenser model which has a slide out reservor for the condensed water. This is useful for stuff such as steam irons and anything that requires demineralised water.

Sharky

Guru
Think about insurance costs as well. If buying an expensive machine, you could be enticed into buying extended warranty as well. We've had Homeserve cover on a few appliances, but it is expensive and when needed, there can be additional call out charges and waiting times.

We've opted out of all of those insurance plans. We tend to buy whatever is going in the likes of B&q. When we have a failure outside the warranty period, I can pop out and get a new machine installed the next day.

vickster

Legendary Member
We're needing a new dryer, anyway, so taking off the cost of a new condenser dryer it might not be too much more, possibly!

Have a read of the reviews on John Lewis when deciding which model, their customers happily ‘air’ their views. JL give an extended warranty too

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Have a read of the reviews on John Lewis when deciding which model, their customers happily ‘air’ their views. JL give an extended warranty too

It was JL where we saw an advert. Their price is similar to what might be less reputable places,too.

Top Bottom