Tall ships at Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thought you might enjoy this shot, which I took in between the showers last night.

If you want to go, drive to Aintree where they have 65 buses waiting to shuttle you to the docks. To see the big ships you will need to take a second shuttle along the front or park nearby then walk. Don't cycle though as they won't let you take your bike in, they have set up one-way pedestrian routes and they control it tightly.

TallShips19July2008006.jpg

asterix

Comrade Member
Thanks for pic. I went to see them last time they were at Newcastle and watched them sail away. They had a good breeze and it was an awesome sight watching the mighty Sedov get up to speed.

gbb

Legendary Member
Nice photo RR...
My dad was a shipping artist till he lost his sight, so i've got marine paintings all over the house...
I went on the replica of the Golden Hind once...God knows how people survived travelling the round the world on these ships 500 years ago. The Hind is tiny !!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
Good photo RR, I was lucky enough to be in Falmouth quite a few years ago now, when the tall ships set sail from there. A friend of mine had a boat and so we sailed out with them for quite a way when they departed and it was awesome seeing them setting their big sails and then the wind filling them as they picked up speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yenrod

>Rigid Raider

Ridge',

I went down there on Sunday..to many crowds for my liking.

You couldnt take the bike in the dock areas.

surfgurl

I drove up to Cumbria on Friday night with a friend as he was playing at Brampton Live. I was tour manager. All the way up the M5/M6 we kept seeing signs saying Tall Ships use junction whatever. We couldn't work it out. Now I know.

Melvil

Rigid Raider said:
Thought you might enjoy this shot, which I took in between the showers last night.

If you want to go, drive to Aintree where they have 65 buses waiting to shuttle you to the docks. To see the big ships you will need to take a second shuttle along the front or park nearby then walk. Don't cycle though as they won't let you take your bike in, they have set up one-way pedestrian routes and they control it tightly.

TallShips19July2008006.jpg

Great image, RR, lovely lighting on these beautiful ships. Would love to see them but Edinburgh is pretty far away from Liverpool...:-(

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I watched them sailing out of the Mersey yesterday. Very impressive, but unfortunately they had very few sails up since it was blowing a gale and they were sailing/motoring into the teeth of it.

I took some pics, and will post them if they are any good (Holding a digital camera up to the eyepiece of binoculars is not, perhaps, the best way to take photos :laugh:)

Andrew

yenrod

cisamcgu said:
I watched them sailing out of the Mersey yesterday. Very impressive, but unfortunately they had very few sails up since it was blowing a gale and they were sailing/motoring into the teeth of it.

I took some pics, and will post them if they are any good (Holding a digital camera up to the eyepiece of binoculars is not, perhaps, the best way to take photos :o)

Andrew

Whereabouts in the 'The European Capital of Culture' are you ;)

I dread the day when I meet someone from this city who knows of me on here...:blush:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
We were shocked at the numbers of derelict buildings in the city. You don't see that in Manchester.

Top Bottom