Tea is a lazy person's drink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackandblue

When drunk excessively.

Reason: it takes time to make a cup of tea. People cannot drink tea "on the go". They have to sit down and "enjoy" the cuppa. Often with a biscuit or 5.

If you do this 20 times a day you're going to spend a LOT of time sat doing nothing.

Lazy.

I am predisposed to this conclusion because I know some excessive tea drinkers and they are all lazy. I can't believe how much tea they drink. And how little they do during the day.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
T rarely gets drunk in my experience

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rubbish. I can drink tea on the go, or not, depending on mood or busyness, and since I'm of the bag-in-a-mug brigade, I make it pretty quickly too - usually while doing something else.

Better than all that faffing about with coffee....

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Arch said:
Rubbish. I can drink tea on the go, or not, depending on mood or busyness, and since I'm of the bag-in-a-mug brigade, I make it pretty quickly too - usually while doing something else.

Better than all that faffing about with coffee....

OK, OK a bit of a generalisation about drinking on the go. And I'm not calling you lazy, Arch. But I reckon that some people use tea drinking as a means of not doing very much.

I agree that you can enjoy a swift cuppa but there's some what don't.

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Uncle Mort said:
If they put it in bags they could make the whole process a lot faster.

And then there's those that stand over the cup/mug, dipping the bag in and out for ages. And then sit there just blowing on their cup/mug of tea for ages. And then sip it s-l-o-w-l-y. Often whilst talking bollocks in the meantime.

Arch

Married to Night Train
But if people are lazy, they'll be lazy whether they drink tea, coffe, Vimto or mare's blood.

The beverage, to paraphrase Lady Bracknell, is immaterial.

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Arch said:
But if people are lazy, they'll be lazy whether they drink tea, coffe, Vimto or mare's blood.

The beverage, to paraphrase Lady Bracknell, is immaterial.

I take your point and my thread title was perhaps unnecessarily inflammatory - particularly appearing so near to the Tea thread - unintentional coincidence.

And I accept people are lazy whatever they may drink but my point is that lazy people often use tea as an excuse for not doing stuff. Easier to draw out a tea making/drinking experience than a vimto drinking experience. I have no direct experience of drinking mare's blood so cannot comment on how that may feature in a lazy person's approach to "beverages that will help me spin out the day".

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Blackandblue said:
I take your point and my thread title was perhaps unnecessarily inflammatory - particularly appearing so near to the Tea thread - unintentional coincidence.

Don't give in to her.. she is a lazy tea drinker, just heavily in denial! ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Blackandblue said:
I have no direct experience of drinking mare's blood so cannot comment on how that may feature in a lazy person's approach to "beverages that will help me spin out the day".

Well just think about. You've got find a mare. That'll take time. Then something sharp. Then a mate to hold the mare while you tap a vein. And you have to keep stirring so it doesn't clot.

Could take hours!

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Blackandblue said:
And then there's those that stand over the cup/mug, dipping the bag in and out for ages. And then sit there just blowing on their cup/mug of tea for ages. And then sip it s-l-o-w-l-y. Often whilst talking bollocks in the meantime.

And there's those that can do it without the tea!

;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
In defence of tea drinking, I have a quickly made cup of tea with no milk or sugar so really quick to make. I have it in a thermos mug with a lid so I can take it with me and I work at the same time as having the tea.

Now smokers on the other hand......;)

Blackandblue said:
When drunk excessively.

Reason: it takes time to make a cup of tea. People cannot drink tea "on the go". They have to sit down and "enjoy" the cuppa. Often with a biscuit or 5.

If you do this 20 times a day you're going to spend a LOT of time sat doing nothing.

Lazy.

I am predisposed to this conclusion because I know some excessive tea drinkers and they are all lazy. I can't believe how much tea they drink. And how little they do during the day.

What's wrong with being lazy? If more people were prepared to sit around drinking tea and relaxing, the world would be a better place.;)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Tea drinkers are lazy....

Thats all I can be arsed to write as I am going for a coffee and a fag now.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Tea always comes with an 'and'; biscuits, sympathy, cream scone, hence it is a time consuming mini-meal or therapy session, and inherantly idle.

Top Bottom