Tea is a lazy person's drink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
...I have several mugs of tea placed on my desk which congeal slowly through the day... some i drink. ;)

Davidc

Guru
Tea has no need for anything with it. Perfect on its own. Ideal for drinking on the go, or not as the mood takes you, or with cucumber and cress sandwiches if that's your scene. Tea's the drink for the dynamic, thrusting types - best totally avoided by those of a lazy disposition as the buzz and thrust it imparts may kill them off.

Coffee on the other hand, load of faffing about, needs cream to make it drinkable, have to have one of those little Belgian biscuits with it, have to sit down for hours while drinking it. Coffee's the ideal drink for the terminally indolent, perfect for those who embrace the gallic café culture and the four hour lunch break!

Sorry BlackandBlue, you've got it the wrong way round!

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Davidc said:
Coffee's the ideal drink for the terminally lazy, its just ideal for those who embrace the gallic café culture and the four hour lunch break!

I don't drink coffee any more myself. Love the smell but every time I drink it I feel like I need to clean my teeth.

There's a coffee shop near where I work. I sometimes pop in there with a mate after lunch as he likes to get a caffeine shot on his way back to the office (I eat the choccie that comes with his coffee). We're in and out within 3 minutes. It's hilarious in there. Loads of Spanish and Italian banker types that nip in, down a teency tiny cup of coffee and then dash off again.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Davidc said:
Tea has no need for anything with it. Perfect on its own. Ideal for drinking on the go, or not as the mood takes you, or with cucumber and cress sandwiches if that's your scene. Tea's the drink for the dynamic, thrusting types - best totally avoided by those of a lazy disposition as the buzz and thrust it imparts may kill them off.

The impressive thing is that it's equally good washing down a huge fish and chip supper! Both ends of the dainty scale.

Davidc

Guru
When it comes to coffee - why is it that you can get decaffeinated coffee for when you don't want to be kept awake, but not decoffeenated caffeine for when you want to be kept awake?

Doesn't make sense to me - I'll just go on drinking tea!

longers

Legendary Member
Davidc said:
When it comes to coffee - why is it that you can get decaffeinated coffee for when you don't want to be kept awake, but not decoffeenated caffeine for when you want to be kept awake?

Pro Plus?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Tea is not a lazy person's drink! It takes planning and effort to make a decent cup of tea especially if using a teapot. When I was a child all we drank was tea or water, that's all there was.

On the other hand soft drinks are for lazy people, most don't even bother pouring the drink into a glass, for heaven's sake!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
TheDoctor said:
Shall I get the kettle on?
*prepares Earl Grey*

If you weren't so lazy you would just do it! why ask? just incase someone else says "Don't worry doc I will do this one, you stay there in your recliner"??

Lazy git. ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
50/50 Earl Grey and ordinary tea is the most refreshing.

I work for the company that makes the flavour for Earl Grey, here in Bury.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i started drinking tea more often as a result of the cafés that the club run stop at having crap coffee. i'm fussy about the drink of the bean, but tea is just tea. i can tell truckers' tea from earl grey, but i'm hoping i don't get to much of a tea connoisseur, or what will i drink at the club run café stop?

Top Bottom