Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Good Afternoon... pooped I am. Dog decided to get me up to let him out four times last night. MrsD loves her dog but apparently not enough to wake up when he barks in the night to let him out. Needs putting down now, the incontinent old git...:rolleyes:
I headed out for a ride this morning as intended, although I didn't intend it to be quite as long, walked the dog when I got back and finally had some lunch at 3.30. :cuppa:
Nice basket SL, surprised it doesn't remind @stephec of fishnets?:smile:

I prefer seamed stockings, but would never say no to fishnet.

Unless I've not shaved my legs that is, then the hairs poke through the net. :biggrin:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...251/lego-star-wars-battle-on-saleucami-75037/
Got him this set...

He also has Minecraft for the PS3, a new hoodie, and I'm taking him and some friends 10 pin bowling and for food.
Eyup lass, in my day we were lucky if we got orange and something our dad had carved out of an old railway sleeper, aye the good old days..

Where the hell as like, don't believe these old timers..
Todays toys are fabbie and fast food then was a piece thrown out of our top floor window, if you missed, splat Jam everywhere..
Today? you can get cardiac attack on six types of roll with all sorts of pickles and a leaf of lettuce thrown in to make the sugar content a wee bit lower or it would be classed as a sweet..

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Home from a foreshortened work day. I have done something nasty to my back and I'm in a lot of pain. Even sitting on the sofa hurts.
I've toddled around the block with the hounds, posted a letter and been to 3 post offices in a bid to 'tax' the car but to no avail. We couldn't do it yesterday either. Half the post offices don't offer the service and today one didn't offer the service, another said that 6 months from now is December 14 and she wouldn't accept that it's actually January. Refused point blank to tax the car until January. The 3rd one had no internet connection so couldn't connect to DVLA. We'll try again later.

I had to cancel my last customer. My back hurt to start with but lifting a 20kg Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just did for me today. Apparently it hardly eats a thing. Yeah right.

stephec

Legendary Member
Home from a foreshortened work day. I have done something nasty to my back and I'm in a lot of pain. Even sitting on the sofa hurts.
I've toddled around the block with the hounds, posted a letter and been to 3 post offices in a bid to 'tax' the car but to no avail. We couldn't do it yesterday either. Half the post offices don't offer the service and today one didn't offer the service, another said that 6 months from now is December 14 and she wouldn't accept that it's actually January. Refused point blank to tax the car until January. The 3rd one had no internet connection so couldn't connect to DVLA. We'll try again later.

I had to cancel my last customer. My back hurt to start with but lifting a 20kg Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just did for me today. Apparently it hardly eats a thing. Yeah right.

King Charles' look tiny, do they seriously weigh that much?

isn't it possible to renew car tax online, I haven't a clue about that as I've had company cars for years now?

Saluki

King Charles' look tiny, do they seriously weigh that much?

isn't it possible to renew car tax online, I haven't a clue about that as I've had company cars for years now?
This Cav was not tiny!! Grossly overweight. They should weigh about 11kg tops. This is morbidly obese, can barely walk and is only 3 years old. Unlikely to reach 3 1/2 IMO. Customer has seen us walking ours and thinks that our big dog is "far too skinny". Our big dog is a Greyhound. All our dogs are the size that they should be, which is why our old dog will be 18 in 10 days time.

Normally you can do the VED thing online but I have only just bought it so have to do it at the post office or the disc will go to the previous owner. I've had 5 attempts now and getting very frustrated with the ineptitude. Especially the teenager who thinks that Aug - December is 6 months. I wonder how many people haven't questioned her maths and have paid 6 months money for 5 months disc.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I informed MrsD this morning that Tom was overweight and would weigh considerably less as a bucket of ashes.. his activity during the night might have contributed to this grumpy comment. Of course MrsD, who slept soundly and loves her dog, didn't get the sarcasm...:whistle:

stephec

Legendary Member
I informed MrsD this morning that Tom was overweight and would weigh considerably less as a bucket of ashes.. his activity during the night might have contributed to this grumpy comment. Of course MrsD, who slept soundly and loves her dog, didn't get the sarcasm...:whistle:

Bet there was no activity from Mr D during the night after that comment. :biggrin:

stephec

Legendary Member
This Cav was not tiny!! Grossly overweight. They should weigh about 11kg tops. This is morbidly obese, can barely walk and is only 3 years old. Unlikely to reach 3 1/2 IMO. Customer has seen us walking ours and thinks that our big dog is "far too skinny". Our big dog is a Greyhound. All our dogs are the size that they should be, which is why our old dog will be 18 in 10 days time.

Normally you can do the VED thing online but I have only just bought it so have to do it at the post office or the disc will go to the previous owner. I've had 5 attempts now and getting very frustrated with the ineptitude. Especially the teenager who thinks that Aug - December is 6 months. I wonder how many people haven't questioned her maths and have paid 6 months money for 5 months disc.

Could you not pick up a calendar and count for her?

You could have placed your finger on each month as you counted ONE, TWO.. as if you were teaching a nursery class. :biggrin:

Saluki

Just in from the post office. The DVLA link is still down. The woman on the till was a bit narky too she demanded the date when I bought the car and when I said that I'd bought it yesterday she then demanded, in a tone, to know why I'd not done the disc thing yesterday. Partially because it was half day closing, partially because DVLA links down, partially because it's none of her freaking business.
Our post office is open until 8pm. Just looking online for another late opener. This is getting very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom