Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I messed up stage 1 on the league, I joined a velodrome session, but didn't notice until 30 laps or so in that it was time limited to 35 minutes. I continued and completed 115 laps in the 35 minutes, then joined another velodrome session to do the remaining 5 laps, I did them in 1:40, and it took 15 seconds for the wheel to stop turning. So 36:40 for the 120 laps, if you wish to penalise me for having a breather between lap 115 and 116, so be it.

I've done the dummy session as well.
i think you should get extra points for persevering!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
OK, you're in.

For a Handicap weight how about we try starting you off at 42 kg with Soarerv8, and adjust from there!

Don't forget to adjust your weight online, then restart the bkool indoor simulator to pick up the new weight.

Geoff

Cheers Geoff,

Ill have a go tomorrow and try the weight handicap.. Having watched the climb, I think Soarerv8 should have his bike xrayed.. :eek: id have never kept up to him..

Well done all..

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
upload_2016-9-20_20-31-21.png
upload_2016-9-20_20-31-37.png

Paul-T

Formerly Nutty
Folks,

As you can I finally got my username changed to as close as possible to strava etc Thursdays run which is it we are doing? Will it be Neighbourhood Cruize or Alpine Indoor?

As I was absent for a few months I have got a bit lost with all the talk regarding handicap weight and league. Last Thursday I was annihilated in the velodrome and I am not sure if I am missing a trick or two when it comes to using the trainer. Or is it me just not as fit as everyone else?
I use my old bike a Merida Ride 90 with a 50/34 chainset and 11/28 cassette on the trainer and using a trainer tyre usually at around 100psi

JLaw

Veteran
It looks like the latest update to the website has broken the link to Strava and the manual export gives an error :sad:
I've already complained to the support folks. We'll see how long this takes to resolve.

kipster

Guru
Folks,

As you can I finally got my username changed to as close as possible to strava etc Thursdays run which is it we are doing? Will it be Neighbourhood Cruize or Alpine Indoor?

As I was absent for a few months I have got a bit lost with all the talk regarding handicap weight and league. Last Thursday I was annihilated in the velodrome and I am not sure if I am missing a trick or two when it comes to using the trainer. Or is it me just not as fit as everyone else?
I use my old bike a Merida Ride 90 with a 50/34 chainset and 11/28 cassette on the trainer and using a trainer tyre usually at around 100psi

Don't worry about weight unless you're doing the handicap weight league. The next chaingang league stage is neighbourhood cruise.

The bike shouldn't make much difference on the turbo, I use a very heavy cyclocross / commuter bike that has a triple chainset (52/42/30) and a 12-26 cassette. In the velodrome I just stayed on 52x12. I would up the psi, I usually go between 110 - 130, some others go higher.

There are people of all abilities in the league, I cant challenge the top guys and normally sit in the middle of the placings.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Folks,

I have tried several tires, including 3 turbo trainer tires, but I ended up using a race tire (Continental GP4000-S II) and a latex tube. Max inflation for this tire is 120 psi but I used 140 psi for the velodrome session.

I think you would get a huge improvement using something similar.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I feel like dick emerys bovver boy 'I did it wrong again'. I am now up to elite 8 :eek:.

Andy please tell me that drop out was deliberate, it threw me for enough time for you to beat me :cursing:. I took 1.30 odd of my previous best. I think if I'd been a bit more agressive at the start it could have bern a bit more.

Now for the reward a custard tart with my decaf coffee :mrpig:.

Paul-T

Formerly Nutty
Thanks for the advice. I must get round to CRC at the weekend see what they have. How does the conti wear on th etrainer. I would have thought they were a bit extravagant for a trainer as I just replaced them on my roadbike and they arent the cheapest although I find the best tyre for road use/commute

Paul-T

Formerly Nutty
Don't worry about weight unless you're doing the handicap weight league. The next chaingang league stage is neighbourhood cruise.

The bike shouldn't make much difference on the turbo, I use a very heavy cyclocross / commuter bike that has a triple chainset (52/42/30) and a 12-26 cassette. In the velodrome I just stayed on 52x12. I would up the psi, I usually go between 110 - 130, some others go higher.

There are people of all abilities in the league, I cant challenge the top guys and normally sit in the middle of the placings.

I dont think my legs would stick at using 52/12 for more than 10/15 mins

Top Bottom