Teenagers as passenger?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Sorry but 1 mile and he can't walk at 13 - why ?
He can - The problem is more that it then means I have to walk also, meaning that it can make life difficult for me to get to work. As an example, if I know I need to collect him from his Dad's on my way home, I will usually end up just catching the bus as its all a bit pointless going by bike when I have to walk it after I've collected him. Catching the bus is slower, expensive and unpleasant (IME). I'd rather bike.
The time saving in being able to cycle 1.5 miles as opposed to walking it is significant, at least it feels it at the end of the working day.
Complicated to explain without wittering endlessly about my work/domestic arrangements, but there are some good reasons for my trying to do this, and none of them are that my son cant walk one mile.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Obvious questions that I may have missed the answer to: can he not walk home on his own? Or his own bike?

I don't know where you live so am unsure if these are viable.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Obvious questions that I may have missed the answer to: can he not walk home on his own? Or his own bike?

I don't know where you live so am unsure if these are viable.
Without going into too much detail, there are occasions where I need to collect him when he hasn't got a bike with him and it would be more convenient for me to do it by bike.
This will sometimes be late evening or in dodgy areas where younger teenage lads shouldn't be unaccompanied.

Tim Hall

Another vote for a tandem. Hopefully he's still at the age where it's not uncool to be seen on a tandem with his dear mum. As he gets bigger he can pilot it.

Or what about you both getting those scooter things the trendy people use? There must be a way for you to carry one, slung across your back as if it were a rifle.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Another vote for a tandem. Hopefully he's still at the age where it's not uncool to be seen on a tandem with his dear mum. As he gets bigger he can pilot it.

Or what about you both getting those scooter things the trendy people use? There must be a way for you to carry one, slung across your back as if it were a rifle.
He won't go on a tandem! Already tried that! Funny you mention scooters, I've got one this week and he gave me lessons yesterday!

Tim Hall

He won't go on a tandem! Already tried that! Funny you mention scooters, I've got one this week and he gave me lessons yesterday!
He's not making this very easy is he? I guess it's the nature of teenage boys.

Anyway, have a search for scooter carry strap, there seem to be a few options that will do what I imagined.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 4150557, member: 45"]Ours take their scooters out loads. Is it an option that when he goes somewhere in a car he takes the scoot with him, so he can ride back with you?[/QUOTE]
The problem is mostly when he's gone to either his dads house or his grandparents house straight from school, so he more tha likely wont have anything other than himself and all his school rammel with him!

Jody

Stubborn git
Just had an idea that might be safer for you and the lad.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7tU8Qukvw8HUzyrfa8qx9AYKJ6DbxJwCahV9375w4BTT7fnvMZA.jpg

+
rope9mm.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
[QUOTE 4150408, member: 9609"]I always knew the word as "crogie" - has anyone else heard of that word or is it part of my strange gypsy dialect?[/QUOTE]

Interesting term and never heard of it before. Do you have any background to the word as it sounds very random

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My daughter will often ride her scooter holding onto my seatpost of pannier rack for a tow. I have not managed to kill her yet. I have even had my son on the other side at the same time, but he is a bit wobbly, so it only lasts a few hundred meters.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom