The Beatles - Eight Days A Week. Will you go to see it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
My younger daughter's school has decided to put on a Christmas show this year, featuring Beatles music.

I'm already looking at ways of not going.

It's even less likely I'd go to see a fillum about the twonks.

Stage a protest in your bed.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Stage a protest in your bed.
giphy.gif

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not a lot of Beatle love going on here, surprisingly. Especially considering the general age of members on this site, so a lot of us were around when the Beatles were at the peak of their fame.
They were the original supergroup, and even after splitting up the individual members went on to be successful in their own rights. They have also been hugely influential on loads of groups since then. I like their music, but not so much that I would say I was a fan. I have the red and blue albums on CD, that's about it.

Will I go and see the film though? Probably not, but only because I tend to fall asleep at the cinema, and can't stand the whole ritual of sitting there with a load of popcorn munching, drink slurping, wrapper rustling, phone addicted wasters.
I will wait until it is a freebie with the Sunday papers in a year or two!

My younger daughter's school has decided to put on a Christmas show this year, featuring Beatles music.

I'm already looking at ways of not going.

It's even less likely I'd go to see a fillum about the twonks.
Nobody I know is putting on a Christmas show this year featuring Oasis music but I already know that I won't be going even if they do. Oh, there's a film about them? Let me just check my diary. Sorry, can't go.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
as Brandane mentions above, they were and still are a hugely influencial group whose considerable output is still vwry widely played today. Hey, most of us could sing along to more Beatles songs than any other band or composer I dare say. Catchy tuneful songs, and quite often the lyrics were genuinely poetic as well. OK I'm not per se a fan, and don't have any of their records, but it's a hard to over-rate their significance or merit. I'm not a huge fan of Mozart either, though do have a lot more Mozart than Beatles records, but I'd not suggest he's at all over-rated.

Also Ron Howard as a track record of turning out consistently high quality well crafted films so it'll probably be good. I wasn't particularly interested in James Hunt, but found myself watch Ron Howard's film Rush one evening a d was enthralled.

screenman

Legendary Member
Might pop along if it is on at the Kinema. Must admit I realy enjoy downing a few pints in The Cavern whilst listening to live music, it is often cheaper to drink in there than most of the pubs over here.

Top Bottom