The Crank Arms and the helmet debates

U

User482

I for one am glad that the Crank Arms has been put out of its misery. I'm not glad that its replacement is going to be cluttered with those tedious arguments about helmets. Why not put it in Commuting, along with all the other vitriol? ;)

zizou

Veteran
Yeah would prefer to see the helmet debates remain in their own forum.

Bit worried i might lose the will to live if i accidentally click on one of those arguments again :biggrin:

fimm

Veteran
The "Helmets" sticky sounds like a good idea, but you'd have the forum's biggest ever circular debate argument thread while you tried to agree what would go in it.... :wacko:

Noodley

Have a Helmet sticky, a Green debate sticky, a Euro sticky, a Sexual Offenders sticky (that sounds wrong!), a Kids Nowadays sticky and a I think my Political View is Right sticky and there would be no need for anything else in the new P&L...all the circular repetitive threads in one easily-accessed group of stickies.

jay clock

Massive member
I was a big fan of separating the helmet debates. Allows me to ignore them. Same for Crank Arms. In fact all the non cycling stuff with very rare exceptions.

However. I must add that Shaun does a SUPERB job coping with all this. Well done matey.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I was a big fan of separating the helmet debates. Allows me to ignore them. Same for Crank Arms. In fact all the non cycling stuff with very rare exceptions.

However. I must add that Shaun does a SUPERB job coping with all this. Well done matey.

It's certainly a thankless task! Oh, apart from the thanks he just got, obviously.

Anyway, I also think that helmets are best off in their own thread. I find them quite interesting, diverting, and sometimes informative and amusing. But I'm odd like that.

I must admit I liked the circular helmet debates being in one place too, it made it easier for me to ignore them ;)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I quite liked the Crank Arms... a good name for an OK pub, beer not too pricey but the food could have been better.

+1 for helmet debates having their own section, as some thread titles don't always shout 'helmet debate' so I prefered having a whole section to ignore.

but good work what ever you do Admin... running this place must be more time consuming than simply posting

edit... imaginary feature request!

I was just about to start a thread titled 'recommend me a good pump' before I stopped myself and searched for an existing one.

Can we have a feature where some muppet like me puts 'recommend me a good pump' in new thread title, a pop up appears and says "there's 4,976,235 topics on this subject already, click here to see them" :rolleyes:

Davidc

Guru
I agree with FF.

Also agree with the thanks to Admin for running this forum - full of argumentative members of the awkward squad as it is!

Not that I have much time to look at it, or to go cycling, at the present.

Yeah would prefer to see the helmet debates remain in their own forum.

Bit worried i might lose the will to live if i accidentally click on one of those arguments again :biggrin:

You must have suicidal tendencies then to not only accidentally clikc on one but to then to go on and read it knowing what you know.:whistle:

GTTTM

I have to say, speaking as a newbie and all that that I do agree helmets would be better out of the way. I like a good old fight debate about current affairs and am finding the distraction of helmet stuff rather off putting in there....

Cracking website though after breaking a 6yr addiction to another forum 6 months or so back I've now become addicted
biggrin.gif
to a new one ( but have had some fabulous help on here so far)

Top Bottom