'The Day the Earth Stood Still'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
I love that film: I mean the 1950's one with Michael Rennie.
The new version with Keanu Reeves is now out on Dvd, so I thought I'd treat myself.
My word, WHAT a disappointment! :rolleyes:
Gort was impressive though.
And how John Cleese could have associated himself with such bollocks, albeit in a cameo role, is beyond me.
I see the discerning reviewers on IMDB give it 5.6 out of 10.
I think they're being generous.
Maybe my Mum'll like it.

betty swollocks said:
I love that film: I mean the 1950's one with Michael Rennie.
The new version with Keanu Reeves is now out on Dvd, so I thought I'd treat myself.
My word, WHAT a disappointment! :smile:
Gort was impressive though.
And how John Cleese could have associated himself with such bollocks, albeit in a cameo role, is beyond me.
I see the discerning reviewers on IMBH give it 5.6 out of 10.
I think they're being generous.
Maybe my Mum'll like it.

I'd agree totally. I found the new one a real let down as well :cheers:. Get Cloverfield out and watch it on a Big TV in HD if you've not already. It is a very cleverly done film :rolleyes:

I felt the same. The original is a true classic which I've had on VHS and now dvd, and I hoped the new version would be something remarkable in its own right. The trailer made the film sound better than it was in my experience, and I was disappointed.

You liked Gort? I thought the original was miles better! Far more menacing!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The original is such a classic I couldn't bring myself to look at the new one for even a minute.

col

Legendary Member
It seems the remakes of old classics are a dissapointment most of the time. I looked forward to the Lost in space one, but was very dissapointed, had none of the feel to the origional series at all, very dissapointing.

Sittingduck said:
The original 1 was okay. Didn't rate the others. OK so that's 2 movies! :angry:

Also, don't forget the film Homer refers to as 'that film about a bus that couldn't slow down. I think it was called "The Bus that Couldn't Slow Down."'

Or maybe that was better for having Sandra Bullock in it?

[Just had a fright - got a virus warning while trying to look up this Homer quote by the way - Avast stepped in and blocked the nasty page. See the thread I've started in Electric Cafe]

Top Bottom