The Flying Gate Frame Has Arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Already it is sporting front and rear wheels, Tektro froggleg callipers, rear dérailleur chain set and seat post and temporary saddle.

Need to purchase a front derailleur and I'm waiting for the arrival of some Sora STI levers attached to a set of handlebars. Then it's a matter of cabling it up and it will be ready to ride.

Pics soon....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hurry up !!!

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Will this do for now? I've added some handlebars for a mock up view.
IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

The above was the state of play at 09:00
xeBWsWYUF8pytmuinIv0nA

FlyingGate

Then by 11:15 with one or two diversions I got this far:

NSvHJOWwjUEv0CKy0ig07g

IMG_0012.JPG

FlyingGate

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

vernon said:
Hang on......

As a stop gap measure, the images can be found at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/vernonlevy/FlyingGate#

'tis a weird, weird frame though. You'd deffo look twice at it. Elegant in it's own way mind, I'm not dissin' it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As I said on a previous thread a mate of mine in Sunderland has one and loves it but it does beg the question - why?;)

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

rich p said:
As I said on a previous thread a mate of mine in Sunderland has one and loves it but it does beg the question - why?;)

The design is intended to shorten the wheelbase ands stiffen the frame thus transferring more power through the rear wheel through reducing frame flex.

How successful this is/was is open to debate. Owners claim that the design works. Trevor Jarvis himself claims that the frames advantages can be detected more easily when on a climb.

I've got one because I like the look and was hooked by a green Baines Flying Gate that I saw at the cycle museum at Camelford four years ago.

Top Bottom