The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I loved the way the ball stuck to the feet of the spurs players and they dominated possession in the 2nd half.

As a neutral I did not see it like that. Only one team needed to score and it wasn't Arsenal, the last 10 minutes were like watching Accrington v Rochdale, I have no idea how it stuck to Spurs players feet ......unless they were wearing jet packs or summat?

michiganjetpack.jpg

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
I'm glad Nani is staying. I like the lad. I know a lot of utd fans (prob. every utd fan i know!) slag him off but, when he's on form he's brilliant. He's a squad player at worst, and if utd were to sell him he'd go for about £12m - and who could you replace him with for that money?? Eh??

And the fact that he wants to stay a utd player speaks volumes for his character.

The most worrying thing about the transfer window IMO is that only Spurs and Everton ended the window with more money in than out and Liverpool was the only other club to rake in transfer fees: several acquired nothing from transfers out

Real paid a silly price for Bale, but Spurs transformed a 17 year old they bought for £10m to a player who was really worth at least £40m. Almost everyone else just seems to be raiding other clubs for the finished product, hardly developing anyone, based on what the numbers say.

Which is why the game at the top end will attract nothing more than mercenaries, and those good enough to play at international level but not prepared to do so because a midweek Sky Sports Special is enough glory (and money) thanks.

'Wearing the shirt' will soon become something you'll find in the Football League and in the Premier League if you find yourself on holiday during the wrong month, or in a coma for a week or two, you'll find that half of what made your club great have all jumped ship to another...usually their arch-rivals.

As for Ozil, he's a good signing IMO if you've got that sort of cash floating around and as for Bale, my prediction is that he won't be that magnificent on the bench and when the fascists decide to play him, he'll be slightly less influential than he was at Spuds.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why didn't you just re-employ John Coleman this season?

Fellaini is a box to box powerful "runner", I don't see Man U having a real need for him and I haven't seen him linked with other big clubs, unusual. Man U fans are to blame too, McCarthy is twice the "footballer" but I doubt a bloke from Wigan would satisfy them.
Typical Stanley,Beattie's doing it for free while Coleman would want at least 30 grand a season. Whoever's in charge will struggle though,the fans just aren't there to give the club the money it needs to buy players and pay their wages. We were giving away free season tickets to under 12's but only a hundred or so took up the offer!:sad:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
[QUOTE 2635694, member: 30090"]Eh? your best player by far[/quote]
:rofl:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I'm glad Nani is staying. I like the lad. I know a lot of utd fans (prob. every utd fan i know!) slag him off but, when he's on form he's brilliant. He's a squad player at worst, and if utd were to sell him he'd go for about £12m - and who could you replace him with for that money?? Eh??

And the fact that he wants to stay a utd player speaks volumes for his character.

You said it yourself "when he is on form". About as often as rocking horse shoot ! Hailed himself as the new Ronaldo when he arrived and promised to step up when Ronaldo got sold. Still waiting..........

MarkF

Guru
Typical Stanley,Beattie's doing it for free while Coleman would want at least 30 grand a season. Whoever's in charge will struggle though,the fans just aren't there to give the club the money it needs to buy players and pay their wages. We were giving away free season tickets to under 12's but only a hundred or so took up the offer!:sad:

I didn't know Beattie was doing it for free, good on him, if not for you....................it's going to cost you a lot more than £30k if/when you go down.

I don't think Accy have the population to go down the free ticket/low cost ticket route, Bradford does and can. Perhaps better for you to become a feeder club for Wigan/Blackburn?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I didn't know Beattie was doing it for free, good on him, if not for you....................it's going to cost you a lot more than £30k if/when you go down.

I don't think Accy have the population to go down the free ticket/low cost ticket route, Bradford does and can. Perhaps better for you to become a feeder club for Wigan/Blackburn?

We've tried that before,giving such clubs younger players some first team experience while helping ourselves,but those clubs are doing it for themselves not for Accy Stanley! Burnley and Blackburn would happily see us go out of existence( like Burnley saw us off in 1962 and how they saw Colne Dynamoes off in the 1980's)if it meant picking up a few of our fans!

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
We've tried that before,giving such clubs younger players some first team experience while helping ourselves,but those clubs are doing it for themselves not for Accy Stanley! Burnley and Blackburn would happily see us go out of existence( like Burnley saw us off in 1962 and how they saw Colne Dynamoes off in the 1980's)if it meant picking up a few of our fans!

But you can't fund a pro team on 1200 paying customers. I'd have thought the recent giving up on reserve football by many larger clubs might helpful to you, I hope so.

Colne Dynamoes, I'd forgotten about them, that story should be made into a film!

Top Bottom