The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ozil looks a good acquisition if he comes, but never in a gazillion years would I have thought he was a target or the sort of chap AW would go for.

Delighted that he now seems to be both.

Delighted too that O Giroud seems to be performing as I hope he might when he first arrived but sort of didn't.

I see now that the Aston Vanilla game was a bluff to put the press off.

From now on, I see 35 clean sheets, 35 victories and a league championship.

In the cups, I see a close FA Cup final against Everton, which we'll win 3-2, a close CL final against Real Madrid which we'll win on penaltis and an early exit from the League Cup because of poor refereeing.

For some Arsenals fans (and I am in that number) a domestic and CL treble will stop the constant whining about Wenger. For a couple of weeks.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Yes & his little boy is in my sons class, lives opposite some friends

Another season for you (rumour had a few other clubs in for him) very good at what he does, commands the centre circle with aplomb :smile:

Rumour we may nick your young forward / every other rumour that is made up...

Have a good season

Must catch up sometime for a ride !

Not sure how long Doyle will stay with us, but hopefully a while. I'll have to call in & see if he'd like a lift over on Saturdays for the game, save him driving ^_^
Apparently Peterborough are the only club to have made an offer (£1.2m allegedly) & luckily for the first time in many years we dont need the money so we can hold out for more.
Hopefully we'll be top half of table & you'll be clear of the bottom. Might go watch Tigers against Hudders in cup if the ticket prices are reasonable :thumbsup:

on the road

Über Member
Marouane Fellaini has been spotted driving to Manchester United
Fel_zpsa5a2008d.jpg

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
225:
Spanish football writer Andy West: "Some bizarre reports coming out regarding United's collapsed Herrera deal. Apparently a group of men claiming to be United representatives spent an hour at the La Liga offices in Madrid today, but it turns out they had nothing to do with the club and were presumably just attempting to get a cut of the deal in an elaborate fraud."Must be stressed these are just rumours but the Spanish media have published pictures of men in black suits - supposedly the United "representatives" - coming out of the league offices carrying briefcases."All very strange and no doubt the truth will come out in the next few days."

Transfer day is more interesting than the football itself

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not surprised that Fellaini has gone to United, but paying £4m over a buyout clause that expired in July seems a bit mental unless I am missing something?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My team Accrington Stanley are bottom of the Football League,we are skint! I watched the BBC news at tea time to see that they had the Gareth Bale transfer to Real Madrid as their headline story:ohmy:! If it wasn't for the Stanley i'd stop being a football fan altogether!:thumbsdown:

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I'm not surprised that Fellaini has gone to United, but paying £4m over a buyout clause that expired in July seems a bit mental unless I am missing something?
Panic maybe, if they hadn't at least got him then twitter might have gone into meltdown.

MarkF

Guru
My team Accrington Stanley are bottom of the Football League,we are skint! I watched the BBC news at tea time to see that they had the Gareth Bale transfer to Real Madrid as their headline story:ohmy:! If it wasn't for the Stanley i'd stop being a football fan altogether!:thumbsdown:

Why didn't you just re-employ John Coleman this season?

Fellaini is a box to box powerful "runner", I don't see Man U having a real need for him and I haven't seen him linked with other big clubs, unusual. Man U fans are to blame too, McCarthy is twice the "footballer" but I doubt a bloke from Wigan would satisfy them.

What is a Gooner supposed to think now?

Highest transfer paid until yesterday? £15 million, which at the time I thought was an excellent buy... and I still sort of do despite recent evidence.

But there was always this inner smugness among Gooners that we didn't have to spend big. We didn't win anything for a few years, but we were never far from the top of the barrel and were usually entertaining to watch.

I do not see Arsenal as natural year-after-year trophy winners and I feel the early Wenger years gave a false impression of the club's true position.

But now, despite coming to think that Ozil will at least keep the cost of lettering on shirts down and score or make a few goals, I feel that this HUGE jump into marquee signings makes Arsenal feel slightly grubby in a Chelsea, Man City and Anzhi sort of way... Slightly.... We even have our own oligarch....

MarkF

Guru
Not to me, the others seem to have a scatter gun approach to buying with every new manager. Arsenal have the same manager, the same plan and have funded a new stadium in the time Chelsea and Spurs have squandered a new stadiums worth of cash. With 2 more Ozil quality signings, Arsenal will be challenging for the title and in very good shape.

I like the junking of fringe players, instant team improvement, you don't always need new signings.

PS I'd have thought a.n.o.t.h.e.r midfielder was the last thing they needed tbh.

Top Bottom