The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Some consolation for Bayern Munich after being mugged in last years CL final.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Tottenham's spending is getting a bit ridiculous now.

90 million - so far, and Bale still on the books.

I think AVB is going to bankrupt Spurs, or turn them into a Man City kind of club.

I been a Spurs fan since 1967 and don't like the way things are heading. I doubt there will be (m)any home-grown youngsters at White Hart Lane for the foreseeable future.

But they should sell Bale asap and focus on what goes on ON the pitch, not in the newspapers.

I think it's a very clever way of doing business. The sale of Bale is almost certain so by doing it this way they avoid clubs inflating prices when Spurs come knocking on the door.

Last night game showed what we can expect from Mourihno, defensive team and the number of yellow cards tells the story of how they intend to brake the rules of the game.
I normally support British teams in Europe but I'm not a fan of Mourihno.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I think it's a very clever way of doing business. The sale of Bale is almost certain so by doing it this way they avoid clubs inflating prices when Spurs come knocking on the door.

Last night game showed what we can expect from Mourihno, defensive team and the number of yellow cards tells the story of how they intend to brake the rules of the game.
I normally support British teams in Europe but I'm not a fan of Mourihno.

Although there were at least 3 fouls (two nasty) where Bayern should have been carded. One of the 'nasties' was by Ribery who was already on a yellow.

Also don't forget English game is a bit manlier than the continental game and our teams do pick up a few cards abroad that would not have been given at home.

Worth noting that the Bayern players are also quite adept at making a meal of things when they went down.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Will have to be you DM or Andy P.I think we should be upping the anti and doing every premier league score just so Spartak can make us all look even more s***e lol

On the other hand, if Spartak picks another team, it might be the team that we would have chosen and, even if not, there's a bigger chance of them meeting your faves in a game. Or something... Anyhow, he's just an early lone breakaway in a long, long race, and the front of the pack have started matching him point for point.

Mind, I wouldn't care if whoever was at the bottom was allowed to pick the next addition.

brodiej

Veteran
On the other hand, if Spartak picks another team, it might be the team that we would have chosen and, even if not, there's a bigger chance of them meeting your faves in a game. Or something... Anyhow, he's just an early lone breakaway in a long, long race, and the front of the pack have started matching him point for point.

Mind, I wouldn't care if whoever was at the bottom was allowed to pick the next addition.

Exactly.

Great competition deptford. Thanks for organising it.

3 games in I wouldn't be engraving Spartak's name on the trophy just yet...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Right, I've decided: Spartak can choose a team or nominate a team nominator to nominate a team. Nominally. Then I can get the nominated teams up.

Graphs on google drive spreadsheets are a complete nightmare.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Sticking to pure football discussion, do my eyes deceive me or is Steve Bruce the first ever team manager to be 'with child'? He looks like he's about to give birth, the balloon-faced Geordie heart-throb.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Sticking to pure football discussion, do my eyes deceive me or is Steve Bruce the first ever team manager to be 'with child'? He looks like he's about to give birth, the balloon-faced Geordie heart-throb.
I commented on him last week to someone at work, doesn't look well. Looks like ha is about to explode.

In other news Palace won :reading:

Top Bottom