The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
People forget that Mourinho always plays boring (although often winning) football. Moyes also plays safety first football.
Don't anyone expect an exciting season.

Got a surprise at work today (I work as a greenkeeper on a golf course) when I saw John Carew and a friend playing.

I had a non-football chat with him for 3-4 minutes. Seems like a decent fella and quite modest.
Not a great golfer, though. :whistle:

Not everyday I get to meet an ex Premier League player.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Got a surprise at work today (I work as a greenkeeper on a golf course) when I saw John Carew and a friend playing.

I had a non-football chat with him for 3-4 minutes. Seems like a decent fella and quite modest.
Not a great golfer, though. :whistle:

Not everyday I get to meet an ex Premier League player.

Tall fella ain't he?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah, 6' 4" at a guess, and looking in good shape: not for his football, mind, more for his modelling.

I get the impression he'll be taking his golf seriously. If I get the chance, I'll ask him if he wants a (friendly) game.

First time I remember seeing him play was for a team called Valerenga in the 90's in the Cup Winners Cup. We beat them at the Bridge 3-0. Think he scored in the second leg.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Not the best bit of business but you never know he might turn on the style form yesteryear !

So thats Moses,Torres,Lukaku,Ba and now Eto'o who is moving on out of them lot then.

Tottenham's spending is getting a bit ridiculous now.

90 million - so far, and Bale still on the books.

I think AVB is going to bankrupt Spurs, or turn them into a Man City kind of club.

I been a Spurs fan since 1967 and don't like the way things are heading. I doubt there will be (m)any home-grown youngsters at White Hart Lane for the foreseeable future.

But they should sell Bale asap and focus on what goes on ON the pitch, not in the newspapers.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Celtic have drawn Barcelona (again), AC Milan and Ajax in the Champs League. Yikes!

I am not a fan of the whole "Old Firm" thing, in either form. I would never admit this to the friends I have who are Celtic supporters, so shhhhhh; but - part of me hopes they do well in that group. Should be some good matches whatever happens.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
No doubt Spurs are going to have a good season but I think I preferred their old chaotic way of playing where you never knew what was going to happen next. Torture for the fans but it was great watching for the neutral. In the past, they were perfectly capable of giving away a 7 - 0 lead.

MarkF

Guru
Celtic, 3 fantastic nights at Celtic park, they'd be underdogs whoever they were playing so it's a great draw!

RM actually have good team and no need for Bale, the "need" arose from the purchase of Neymar by Barca. I'd like them to pull out of the deal and offer 2 smartie tops and a balloon about a year from now.^_^

Top Bottom