The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Anyone seen that Pogba lad that has been a silky machine for the last 8 games. Looks like a string puppet this evening. Arms and legs everywhere :cursing:

Not his best day at the races.

Great weekend for The Blues. ^_^

I didn't claim you had said it was the best goal you'd ever seen, nor did I say the amateur leagues get no coverage - I said similar goals were scored across many leagues, including amateur leagues, which got little or no coverage. A few snaps of footage on Soccer AM does not evidence anything other than "little coverage"/

Also the banner on one of the clips proclaiming "This goal belongs in the Premier League" kind of says it all really. No it doesn't, it belongs in the league it was scored in. There is much better football to be found elsewhere than the premiership.

Carroll's goal seems to be getting an awfy lot of coverage, the pundits and fans are semi-erect at the mention of the Premiership. It's pish, mostly.

edit - as for the clips you linked to, I see better goals most weeks in lower amateur leagues and lower Scottish league football.

The premiership imo is the most exciting league in the world not because they have the best clubs but because it is so competitive, no match is a "given".

The table is so tight that at least five teams have a chance of winning it and equally it's the same at the bottom with the fight to avoid relegation.

How you can say premiership football is mostly pish when you watch that dross called scottish football is beyond me..What is exciting about celtic walking away with the league year after year.They are nineteen points ahead already this season and with rangers not taking long to get back to the premiership it's soon going to be the same old boring two horse race.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
One very happy Evertonian here.....just woken up shivering in my armchair, with a banging Tetley Smoothflow induced headache, after getting in from the match a couple of hours ago....good job I recorded MOTD so I could watch it again. Goodison rocked today, for a change. Tom Davies - what a game he had today, only 18 as well.....

The premiership imo is the most exciting league in the world not because they have the best clubs but because it is so competitive, no match is a "given".

The table is so tight that at least five teams have a chance of winning it and equally it's the same at the bottom with the fight to avoid relegation.

How you can say premiership football is mostly pish when you watch that dross called scottish football is beyond me..What is exciting about celtic walking away with the league year after year.They are nineteen points ahead already this season and with rangers not taking long to get back to the premiership it's soon going to be the same old boring two horse race.
There is more to Scottish fitba than the Premier league, I have no interest in it at all.
You have clearly been sucked in by the marketing hype.

Slick

Guru
There is more to Scottish fitba than the Premier league, I have no interest in it at all.
You have clearly been sucked in by the marketing hype.
For instance, last Friday night I switched between the Man City v West Ham, which I know was a cup game and Hibs v Dundee United. Whilst I have no particular interest in any of these sides, I enjoyed the Hibs game and it was far superior to watching the City game. It's the same with some of the lower league stuff south of the border though, lots of good games down there where the teams sole purpose for being isn't to strangle the opposition playmaker.

AndyRM

XOXO

The top flight in England has been contested, pretty much, by the same four sides since its inception. Given its double the size of the Scottish top flight that indicates it's about the same in terms of competitiveness.

To be honest I think the top leagues in most countries are pretty boring, though the SPL does take the pish there. You get the odd moment of brilliance or a surprising result as a highlight in a season of seeing the same teams time and again.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good news FS looking at retrospective bans for diving or feigning injury (already happens in Scotland):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38650163

If they go down this route I hope they stick to it - unlike the crowding ref'/back-chatting rule brought in this season. Seems like the ref's have lost interest in this initiative - shortly after dishing out two for Costa. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom