The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good weekend for London teams when all's said and done. :smile:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
If it was Mourinho, he'd have gotten away with it.

lol think you'll find Mourinho has been sent to the stands twice or three times this season alone so not sure how he gets away with anything. Your gaffer behaved like a childish nobber mate so probably just easier to admit that and move along.

SpokeyDokey

lol think you'll find Mourinho has been sent to the stands twice or three times this season alone so not sure how he gets away with anything. Your gaffer behaved like a childish nobber mate so probably just easier to admit that and move along.

Amazingly Wenger still hasn't been charged. Didn't Pardew get a £20k fine for pushing the 4th official?

I'm not keen on Wenger and it made my day when we beat them 6-0 on his 1000th game in charge. :smile:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Strange bloke is Wenger. I think he gets a real hard time off the Arsenal fans about not winning a trophy for a few years when every year they are in the CL. Most fans would love to have had Arsenal's success, even if they have been close also rans in more recent years - sense of entitlement or what? But that's modern showbiz football for you.

For entertaining football I think he is great, as I said above, they are nearly always good to watch, that team of the late 80s with Petit, Vierra, Bergkamp et al was amazing, but all his teams have been good to watch. Where he lets himself down, IMHO, is being a poor loser, okay I know we all hate losing but he has a face like a pug chewing a wasp at times. Ronald Koeman summed him up well after Everton beat Arsenal last month; Arsene yet again took issue with the ref and when asked about this by reporters, Koeman pointed out that his side had beaten Arsenal on the last 3 occasions they had played, and on each one, according to Wenger, it was the ref's fault.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wenger will never win a big trophy again, ok he will pick up the odd FA Cup or League Cup, but the PL or CL, nope.

Long may the voyeur reign.
wenger-angry-liverpool.jpg

For entertaining football I think he is great, as I said above, they are nearly always good to watch, that team of the late 80s with Petit, Vierra, Bergkamp et al was amazing, but all his teams have been good to watch.

*cough* *cough*

Late 80s team would have been Lukic in goal, Dixon, Winterburn, Adams & Bould at the back, Thomas, Groves, Marwood and Merson in midfield and Roecastle and Smith up front ^_^

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
*cough* *cough*

Late 80s team would have been Lukic in goal, Dixon, Winterburn, Adams & Bould at the back, Thomas, Groves, Marwood and Merson in midfield and Roecastle and Smith up front ^_^
Apologies, I meant the late 90s team

SpokeyDokey

By far the greatest manager in the Premier League - ever. But SAF is going dozy in his old age.

Talking about Mou and MU here is stating a) the bleeding obvious (...all these draws) and that b) it is all about luck - I guess that must be how he won all those trophies then.

"The team is playing really well and he has been very unlucky. He has had six 1-1 draws and in every game he has battered the opposition.

"If they hadn't had all these draws, they would be there challenging Chelsea. That is the unfortunate part but he is going to have to live with that."

Top Bottom