The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
I've scored some crackers in my time. Let's hear about yours.
(Replying to my own post - you know it makes sense)

I was playing for Bury and Rochdale conservation volunteers against Liverpool CV. It was about fifteen-a-side, on a very windy Southport beach. We won 6 - 3. I scored a hat-trick. My first goal. The ball had been hoofed forward from a defensive position. The wind took the ball towards the corner flag and, bring very quick on my feet at the time, I was first there as it came down. The ball was in danger of crossing the line so the only thing to do was an overhead kick towards goal. Call it an instinctive attempt on goal if you will, but the bloody thing went in!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've scored some crackers in my time. Let's hear about yours.
You know that volley yon Andy Carroll scored the other week? I did the same thing about 25 years ago.:angel:
I was playing for Bury and Rochdale
For a split second i thought you said you played for Bury against Rochdale!:okay:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
As a junior I chipped the keeper from the half way line. Pitch might not have been full size :whistle:

No Sky back then so not available on YouTube or some late night compilation show.

AndyRM

XOXO
Can't count that one half of the old firm are involved Sky have there dirty paws all over that !. ( it's a cracker though) :notworthy:

Ftfy.

MarkF

Guru
We have sold our iconic 6'4" number 9 to Sheff Utd, being silly enough to let him near the end of his contract. Only a goal in 3.5 games man, but every one seemed to be important. We have been linked with a 5'4" midget called Anton Fink from a Bundesliga 3 club as a replacement. Gutted, I wish we had sold every other player and just kept James Hanson. :sad:

AndyRM

XOXO
We have sold our iconic 6'4" number 9 to Sheff Utd, being silly enough to let him near the end of his contract. Only a goal in 3.5 games man, but every one seemed to be important. We have been linked with a 5'4" midget called Anton Fink from a Bundesliga 3 club as a replacement. Gutted, I wish we had sold every other player and just kept James Hanson. :sad:

Loves a header that boy!

Top Bottom