The Helmet debate to end all helmet debates

Did vikings have horns in their helmets

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Do you believe that vikings had horns in their helmets?
Viking_helmet_dlx_no_fur.JPG

tyred

Legendary Member
Not really. I believe they were drinks containers which were shaped like horns for aerodynamic reasons.

snorri

Legendary Member
Of course they didn't, the horns were on their heads and came through holes in their helmets.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nonsense!!

No they didn't have horns so that they couldn't accidentally poke each other in the eyes before they had even arrived!

A whole load of blind berserkers wouldn't have been too great for your cause, now would it??

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
That's not a dinosaur, that's a really big tortoise!

It's a tortoisosaurus
rolleyes.gif

Davidc

Guru
Of course they had horns on their helmets, my infant school teacher had us all drawing them and she was aways right.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
You guys should look up the Sagas. Theres some cool s*** in there! I think my family has Finish and Norway decent. Lots of our family came from the far north of England, and theres definately Saxon heritage on the otherside. One family name is Viking descent and the other sides is Saxon descent.

Coco

Pah. Medieval Scandinavian history was ever the weak spot in the British educational system. And my infant school teacher said we'd all be driving hovercars by the time I grew up.
Perhaps you haven't grown up yet?  :thumbsup:

Hover Fly

Lazy so and so
You guys should look up the Sagas. Theres some cool s*** in there! I think my family has Finish and Norway decent. Lots of our family came from the far north of England, and theres definately Saxon heritage on the otherside. One family name is Viking descent and the other sides is Saxon descent.

People must think I have Viking ancestry,

They say I've got a face like an 'orse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom