The Hornit bike horn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
If they made one that sounded a low "horn" note (like an approaching HGV) I'd be more tempted.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Oh My Gaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwdddddddddddd!

So now along with being expected to look like an alien life form I have the opportunity to sound like one.

Not for me until it sounds like a 'proper' horn rather than a space invaders machine sound effect. (and even then I'd argue not to be used around pedestrians)

Dan B

Disengaged member
Dukes of Hazzard would be awesome - you'd press it all the time!...just googled Hornit and found this review on BikeRadar - http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/just-in-hornit-db140-bike-horn-32821
80% of the uses in the video on that page seem to be about buzzing pedestrians when the rider could quite easily have taken a path to go around them. And overtaking a bus that was indicating to pull out?

I'd buy a loud bike horn (for occasional use only) if it sounded like a car horn, but even the airzound is shrill to my ears - and this thing is more like a parakeet at a karaoke night

I realy want one of these but I will have to wait and get it at the same time as I get my new bike in May or June (I want to sound it off at all the mobile phone users in cars and vans and the double yellow line parkers)

Holdsworth

Über Member
I'd much prefer it if the noise was more like what you get from a car or bike horn, at the moment it sounds more liek a rape alarm than anything else.

I'll stick to my Airzound for the time being, although I do like the compactness of this new horn compared to AZ I just couldn't bear the sound it makes for everyday use.

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom