The Hornit bike horn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
It is the size of it that appeals to me. The sound will not put me off but it may alert the peds wandering all over a shared cycle lane
You could save yourself a few quid by (a) saying "hello", (b) coughing, (c) freewheeling a bit. Most of these work most of the time: if they don't, you can always try slowing down a bit

£35 seems a lot of money for what seems to be a personal attack alarm.

You could probably knock one up with bit's from maplins with change from a tenner.

Dan B I make a habit of (a) & (C) and at my age slowing down is my preffered alarm, when I have the time is a whistle (as used on the fells) but there are times when the voice and whistle is ignored and this is when the Hornet will come in useful and now and again just for the hell of it.:evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If it was to sound like anything - Le Tour car horns would be best !

D

Deleted member 1258

I like the idea of having a loud horn on the bike, but as others have said it needs to sound like a car horn not a rape alarm or a sound effect from a computer game, nice idea shame about the execution.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It is the size of it that appeals to me. The sound will not put me off but it may alert the peds wandering all over a shared cycle lane and I had thought of getting an AZ but was put off by the size.

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea to use on pedestrians on shared paths etc is a crap cyclist who would do better to learn some feckin manners.

Any body who makes stupid replys like that does not know when the mick is been taken and would do well to mind their own manners

How could anyone tell the first post is a mickey take?

If you want to do sarcasm or take the mickey lob in the odd smiley or risk being taken literally by a lot of folk.:banghead:

Top Bottom