The "How Much?" / "Having a Giraffe!" Café thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
In a similar vein, we use thermal transfer printing and theres a spring that applies tension to the top right roller assembly...

View: https://youtu.be/C0DmNjDYoFY

Its smaller than a biro spring but cant find anything of the right size, tension would be really important, the cassette calibrates the ribbon tensio so it has to be right.
New spring, no chance, you have to buy the top right assembly, roller, slider and spring...circa £110 iirc

Oh, and i have 3 cassettes with springs missing....gonna be costly.

Don't suppose you could find a spring in something else?
Springs, nuts, bolts, bits of string, those "what the fark is that for?" Bits should never be thrown away.
Looking forward to more of your repairs monty.

Doesn't everyone have a drawer in their kitchen dedicated to these kinds of little gubbins?

You know, the place where you keep sellotape, duck tape, batteries, elastic bands, paperclips, twist and zip ties... Usually in one rather jumbled mess... :blush:

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Doesn't everyone have a drawer in their kitchen dedicated to these kinds of little gubbins?

You know, the place where you keep sellotape, duck tape, batteries, elastic bands, paperclips, twist and zip ties... Usually in one rather jumbled mess... :blush:
in my case it's pretty much the entire kitchen :eek:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
excuse my ignorance, what's an Sbend?
It’s what the seller calls a derailleur.
It’s in the description. You can see it hanging off in the photos.
basically he’s looking for 50% of the as new price for a bike that is worth no more than £30. A new derailleur and chain will cost more than that.

Venod

Eh up
I thought this thread was about expensive Cafe's.

Anyway Naburn Marina Cafe is very nice with good riverside seating, but how much? having a Giraffe applies.

Top Bottom