The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ooo look. I made the first post on the 100th page of this thread. It's an omen!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
It's a no from me....... unless I completely change my mind and get tempted to rack up some big miles during January.;)

I enjoyed the challenge this year but feel as though concentrating on getting the centuries in has distracted me from other more local rides. I'll probably still do the metric challenge but plan to rest from this one for 2016.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I enjoyed the challenge this year but feel as though concentrating on getting the centuries in has distracted me from other more local rides.

I'm pleased to hear this for reasons which might become apparent in a few days' time in the "your ride today' thread.

tatr

I'd like to do this, but unable to cycle until the last week of January...

So it depends on how icy it is and if I can knock out 100 miles on the first attempt after a month off the bike since I haven't got much of a window to get it done :eek:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Still touch and go for completing 2015.

Did a slow 43 miler yesterday and was completely nackered - clearly not over this bug I've been struggling with for nearly a month now.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's a no from me....... unless I completely change my mind and get tempted to rack up some big miles during January.;)

I enjoyed the challenge this year but feel as though concentrating on getting the centuries in has distracted me from other more local rides. I'll probably still do the metric challenge but plan to rest from this one for 2016.

You could buy a CX bike.

Two mates of mine were doing occasional centuries on mountain bikes and they both bought CXs.

Both were significantly faster for about the same effort.

The extra three or four mph makes a huge difference over a long ride - Steve Abraham and Kurt demonstrate that.

I did a century with my two mates when only one had got a CX, so the equipment that day was me on my Rose ebike, a mountain bike, and a shiny new Ridley CX.

I was second fastest.

Still touch and go for completing 2015.

Did a slow 43 miler yesterday and was completely nackered - clearly not over this bug I've been struggling with for nearly a month now.
Good luck, hope you feel better soon. If its any consolation I'm struggling too :hugs:
Jaw not healing quickly enough for my liking (no contact sports for 8 more weeks. I'll have to be careful not to make contact with anything then!)

Hopefully you are all signing up for 2016. I have created a thread for 2016's ride register. (It's locked for the moment)
I think I'm in the same boat as others insofar as I'm not ready to commit to it yet. This was definitely one of the hardest cycling years for me. I'd need to have much more consistency than I did this year - I made it much harder than it needed to be by alternating between doing too much, burning out and then doing nothing for weeks, then having to put in major effort at the end of the month to slog out the ton.

If I do a ton in January then I guess I'm in, if not, I'm not :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

637016.gif

Top Bottom