FNRttC The latest news on The Fridays Vi(v)a Colonia Tour......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
By the way, isn't there a (v) missing from the thread title?

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Bike sort of ready. Cables not rusted solid, tyres look OK, brakes adjusted, rear wheel tweaked so it runs a bit more in true.
Should pass the @User test.
I've packed the two panniers, the one on the right is stuff I'll not need (eg raingear, warm jacket, spare inner tubes) and the one of the left has stuff I will need (eg passport, wallet, Fridays shirt, toothbrush, phone charger, budge smugglers etc).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/L4zCdE] 28920207814_7cdce90f69.jpg [/URL]

Attachments

• 28920207814_7cdce90f69.jpg
    28920207814_7cdce90f69.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 39

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
We're on the ferry looking over a sun lit Hull.
Wetherspoons was disappointing. I took my pint back 'cos it was sour and swapped it for a Kronenburg. The food was OK but, indeed, Helen's curry was like curry but not quite.
The ride to the ferry on the TPT was just like the TPT in MCR; not as easy to follow as it should have been but we made it.
We've had a G&T and now we're having a glass of red.
Life is good and it's going to get better in the coming week.
More tomorrow.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Last-minute mercy dashes have tended to earn medals, though.

(BTW there are no medals on this trip)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
(BTW there are no medals on this trip)

Oh no!

I'm staying at home, then.

rvw

Guru
Bike now loaded up: final total with locks ended up almost spot on 10kg :sad: . Just trying to do the last few chores before heading over to take my Mum shopping, then hop on the train from Wendover just before 3pm.

See you all soon!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
The advance party is now in its hotel in Hook. We can report that the weather is nigh on perfect: sunny, not too warm and the wind is vaguely in the right direction.
Our crossing was very smooth and we both slept soundly. Apart from a regrettable car and trailer/car interface, disembarkcation was trouble free and quick and we were eating (huge) omelettes about 20 minutes later. We also got to watch, seemingly, all the Scanias in the world drive past. I enjoyed that more than Helen appeared to.
Our ride here was along more fantastic Dutch infrastructure both cycling and generally with a wait while a ship crossed the road. Later, there was another ferry. All good.
We found a nice bar in Hook and had a beer followed by another one. We chose Amstel for two reasons: it's not Heineken and, of course, they sponsor a bike race.
Our hotel is basic but has everything we need and we're having fish and chips for dinner tonight. We'll be outside the same restaurant to welcome the main party tomorrow. Is it still 09.00?

Life is good.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Not to be outdone by The Northern Party, I am waiting for a train in Royal Tunbridge Wells. Not quite as exciting, I'll admit.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
On the fast service into Waterloo, arrives there 1651. Next one wasn't for an hour (and no point going for a stopping train) & didn't want to cut the time too fine.

Top Bottom