The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
In that case maybe you shouldn't disappoint her by being too careful!! :cuppa:

...so... to the point! Why starting your century challenge in October? What's wrong with September? :popcorn:

Just had a look back through Garmin, I've had (only) 4 eligible 100k rides this year in April, May and then 2 in August (I was hoping the earlier August one was in July so I already had 2 months in the bag :cry:). I'm intending to get another one in this weekend for September so do I post them all for 2013 including the gap, or do I just start from August? Or start all over again?? Decisions, decisions...

I think you go back to 0 if you miss a month. So I'd say you should start from August.. Just go out this weekend to avoid losing your 2 points! Or if you lack motivation pop in to Bedford and join me! :cuppa:
I'm going for a nice, hilly 117km tomorrow (gorgeous route as well..)

Fubar

Guru
I think you go back to 0 if you miss a month. So I'd say you should start from August.. Just go out this weekend to avoid losing your 2 points! Or if you lack motivation pop in to Bedford and join me! :cuppa:
I'm going for a nice, hilly 117km tomorrow (gorgeous route as well..)

Cool, tomorrow should be doable so starting from August - isn't Bedford a van...?!?

Fubar

Guru
Ah! It looks like you joined then! :becool:Cool!

Yes, actually it is, :crazy: but if I were you I'd stick with the VW Camper, as it's highly unlikely to become a "classic" any time soon... :cheers:

Yeah, just sneaked one in on Sunday by joining the club's "long, fast" weekend ride (which for them probably wasn't very long or fast) - man that was hard! Not helped by another puncture and being stuck in the big ring... :sweat: At least the weather was good. Thinking I might try and sneak another one in early October so I get it over with, before the weather turns...

Fubar

Guru
Ah! It looks like you joined then! :becool:Cool!

Yes, actually it is, :crazy: but if I were you I'd stick with the VW Camper, as it's highly unlikely to become a "classic" any time soon... :cheers:

Aww the wee Bedford vans were still cute and had that element of "britishness" about them, and you see the odd one knocking about - surprised they're still going!

Aww the wee Bedford vans were still cute and had that element of "britishness" about them, and you see the odd one knocking about - surprised they're still going!

See, when I put "britishness" and "cute" together the image flashing in my head is more something like that:
MG_MGB_Roadster_(Gibeau_Orange_Julep).jpg

Not the exactly the Bedford van. But I can be fussy like that! lol

(my birthday is on the 21st of September.. just in case you get stuck for prezie ideas :cuppa:)

Fubar

Guru
See, when I put "britishness" and "cute" together the image flashing in my head is more something like that:
View attachment 30219

Not the exactly the Bedford van. But I can be fussy like that! lol

(my birthday is on the 21st of September.. just in case you get stuck for prezie ideas :cuppa:)

I'm sure a Bedford Van would come in handy when your stuck at the side of the road in your cute, british car...

I'll keep a note of the date - get up that morning and look out your window for something vintage parked in your driveway wrapped in a giant ribbon! (*loads ebay search for 2nd hand Bedford vans, any condition, and directions to Bedford*)

I'm sure a Bedford Van would come in handy when your stuck at the side of the road in your cute, british car...

I'll keep a note of the date - get up that morning and look out your window for something vintage parked in your driveway wrapped in a giant ribbon! (*loads ebay search for 2nd hand Bedford vans, any condition, and directions to Bedford*)

I'd buy it now and keep it for next year if I were you.. looks like a real bargain*, well worth the investment! :reading:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spot-on-B...hicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item2a31d07e19

* it comes WITH the ice cream man by the looks of it... how about that??

Top Bottom