The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Fubar "Da you go!" :hugs:

All posted now! I have to admit I am struggling for 100km rides at the moment as my club rides have been slightly shorter for the winter... I will have to create a 10-15mile loop to tail or something. :huh:

Fubar

Guru
@Fubar "Da you go!" :hugs:

All posted now! I have to admit I am struggling for 100km rides at the moment as my club rides have been slightly shorter for the winter... I will have to create a 10-15mile loop to tail or something. :huh:

Ah, that's better! You wouldn't want a fat old fool like me catching you now, would you?!?

Meikleour not too far up the road (40 miles according to google) and never participated in a Cogal but sounds interesting! (Googled that too ;)) drinking and cycling though?!?

Drinking after cycling.. ;)
Well, there is plenty of time but Velominati's mid-winter cogal is taking place in Meikleour, the 21st of Dec and I thought since it's so convenient for me (only 408 miles up the road) maybe I should indulge??
What say you? :becool:

Fubar

Guru
Drinking after cycling.. ;)
Well, there is plenty of time but Velominati's mid-winter cogal is taking place in Meikleour, the 21st of Dec and I thought since it's so convenient for me (only 408 miles up the road) maybe I should indulge??
What say you? :becool:

Isn't that the shortest day of the year? Not much light for you to cycle up the road in ;)

On the plus side that's your 100k for December done and dusted...

Isn't that the shortest day of the year? Not much light for you to cycle up the road in ;)

On the plus side that's your 100k for December done and dusted...

Good point!! Plus there is no point in driving 400 miles to ride 100, is there?
Hmmmm.. Maybe I should reconsider!
My Bedford/Edinburgh/Bedford ride in early Spring still stands though.. :bicycle:

Fubar

Guru
Good point!! Plus there is no point in driving 400 miles to ride 100, is there?
Hmmmm.. Maybe I should reconsider!
My Bedford/Edinburgh/Bedford ride in early Spring still stands though.. :bicycle:

Plus I don't know if you've been to Miekleour, it's hardly the hotbed of culture I'm sure you're used to in, erm Bedfordshire...

However if you are up in Edinburgh early Spring it would be rude not to come say hello, what's your plans (aside from cycling to Edinburgh and back again, that is).

Plus I don't know if you've been to Miekleour, it's hardly the hotbed of culture I'm sure you're used to in, erm Bedfordshire...

However if you are up in Edinburgh early Spring it would be rude not to come say hello, what's your plans (aside from cycling to Edinburgh and back again, that is).

Hmmm.. Well, I was more hoping for some interesting landscape to be honest, but it is growing thinner on me by the hour. As you say, the shortest day of the year will limit everything to 100-120 miles. Not really worth it.
As for my spring ride plans, that all depends on how much time off will I manage to get from work! I think I need roughly 4 days on the road and whatever I've left will be spent in exploring Edinburgh's goodies! :angel:
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Fubar

Guru
Hmmm.. Well, I was more hoping for some interesting landscape to be honest, but it is growing thinner on me by the hour. As you say, the shortest day of the year will limit everything to 100-120 miles. Not really worth it.
As for my spring ride plans, that all depends on how much time off will I manage to get from work! I think I need roughly 4 days on the road and whatever I've left will be spent in exploring Edinburgh's goodies! :angel:
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Meikleour does have the world's largest beech hedge....

Let me know nearer the time when your plans are set and we can make some recommendations - I'm sure plenty of the CC Ecosse regulars would chip in as well.

Phil485

Just need to get time off for good behaviour!
Club rides are about 50 miles usually on a Sunday, so they end up a bit short

Top Bottom