The monthly climbing challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
dam another field to put in the database, is this per ride or per day as I some times can be out and record the days riding in three or more rides.

OP
OP
H

Heisenberg

Regular
dam another field to put in the database, is this per ride or per day as I some times can be out and record the days riding in three or more rides.

Either is fine, there's no prizes for winning , just be good to see peoples rides and can be a bit of a motivator if need be.

OP
OP
H

Heisenberg

Regular
Another idea is there is no rules about the ride. So 10 miles on a paved cycle path gives you the same as 10 miles through the middle of a forest. If you do a flat 30 miles you get the same points as someone who has ridden 15 miles and climbed 1500 ft. Makes the playing field more even that way. I only ride once a week so you dont have to be an athlete to join in, its just a good way to see rides in different parts of the country and have a bit of fun

@Heisenberg
There you go last months total, based on a daily total. These figures are corrected with rwgps, some times up some times down but pretty close to the edge 705 usually, if it was taken solely on the bryton R20 and strava I would never get above 1,000ft, well not very often, the data from the edge 705 on strava can sometimes be a bit high too.

upload_2014-11-1_14-28-26.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Heisenberg

Regular
@Nigelnaturist
Good month, that is exactly the type of thing I had in mind when I created the thread. Most of my rides will be half points and the original idea was to aim for above 2k at least once a month. What do you think about the format? Continue with the original idea or look at the revised format, a point for each 5 miles and or 500ft? The latter may encourage a bit more participation. I'm out tomorrow so I'll post up how I get along.

@Heisenberg I can't do it now, but a field for accumulated mileage is easy enough int(distance/5) then plus the height tally its easy for me to do, it might not be for others.

Here is one I did earlier, this for all the months since I started.

upload_2014-11-1_21-31-40.png

But remember what I said about the Edge 500 and rwgps correction, it might be a tad high.

I think you would need to make that a point every 50 miles.

Top Bottom