The new commuter - Kona Honky Inc 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right that's the maiden commute all done and dusted.
I had forgotten how nice a ride steel is. It's smoooooth. Not as nice and smooth as carbon but close. But much better then my Alu jobbie. Made for a very enjoyable ride.
Having the disc brakes makes for a noticeable better stopping experience in the wet. However they were squealing like a cat being strangled, so have to sort those out.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very nice. Got 19 gears too many though :tongue:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Right then. It's now fully commutered up.

Race blade mudgaurds fitted
2 Hope1's fitted
2 rear Cateye's fitted
Trip computer fitted
Tyres changed for Armadillos.

We are ready to rock 'n' roll on it's maiden commute tomorrow folks.

Any photos of it with its commuter gear all bolted on?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
It's a really nice looking bike - love the wheels. Might just have a sneaky peek to see what the smallest size available is :whistle:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
As requested. New pics with guards and lights.

Raceblade xl's. (I do want full mudguards so anyone know any that fit with disc brakes?)
2 Hope 1's lights and a Smart led light.
CicloSport wireless trip computer.

SDC12937s.jpg
SDC12938s.jpg
SDC12939s.jpg

potsy

Rambler
I've done the same with my Hope's as you Ian, slung them under the bars and added a main light on top.
Guards wise, a pair of SKS Blumels or similar should be fine, though you will need to do a fair bit of stay bending and maybe put some longer bolts in :thumbsup:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Guards wise, a pair of SKS Blumels or similar should be fine, though you will need to do a fair bit of stay bending and maybe put some longer bolts in :thumbsup:

+1. Chromoplastics on the Portland, fitted by the LBS- they did say a bit of fiddling was required.

Top Bottom