The new commuter - Kona Honky Inc 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The idea of Person A having a problem with person B not considering language aimed at B- not A- offensive (and seemingly finding that in itself offensive) is frankly absurd. If had a problem with either Kona, or the name of the bike, he wouldn't have bought it. The alleged possible threat of physical violence directed at Ian, or anyone else on a similar bike, is without foundation. I've never heard of anyone in this country being assaulted in conjunction with the usage of that word, ever. Do you criticise black people (or those of any other race) for buying records by (for example) NWA? Or is that somehow different?
And as for Ian being a racist, those who know him know better.

Back on topic, glad to see the bike's working out well.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's the CM4.2.

It's a nice computer.
I like it becuase it has 3 lines of text. I have it on time of day, speed & ride mileage.
Only glitch is I can't use it next to a gps ie Garmin Edge as it interferes with it.

Thanks Ian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Got some semi-metallic pads from Disco Brakes for £5.25

Edit: oh yes. I did as suggested above somewhere and added a smidgeon of grease on the rear of the pads (no holes on the ones I got)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 1776244, member: 45"]I've heard some say that they're not as good as they used to be. My boy's Kona Shred was a great bike.[/quote]
Well the classic kona's were steel framed mtb's and now they're nearly all made from old coke cans and we know how prejudiced folk can be over frame material :thumbsup:

Bluenite

I thought Konas were built to last (like tanks) why have they changed?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I test rode my honky this evening.it has a classic look and Very smooth. The guy in lbs said the frame was as good as reynolds 531 so some konas are still being made well. The payload wheels seem bomb proof. . I liked it so much that I am riding it home on monday.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I test rode my honky this evening.it has a classic look and Very smooth. The guy in lbs said the frame was as good as reynolds 531 so some konas are still being made well. The payload wheels seem bomb proof. . I liked it so much that I am riding it home on monday.

Nice one. agree 100% with the look and smoothness.
I have changed the stock black spacers with Hope silver ones to give it an even classier look...:thumbsup:
Will have to take a pic.
Let me know if you get any brake squeal.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Nice one. agree 100% with the look and smoothness.
I have changed the stock black spacers with Hope silver ones to give it an even classier look...:thumbsup:
Will have to take a pic.
Let me know if you get any brake squeal.

I rode it home last night and back in today, the disks are still bedding in so I am taking the braking a bit easy at the moment. I will have to get some pictures uploaded.

Evans have done a great fettling job of attaching the SKS mud guards. I have bought a disk specific rack but like you I am not sure if I can bring myself to fit it yet.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I rode it home last night and back in today, the disks are still bedding in so I am taking the braking a bit easy at the moment. I will have to get some pictures uploaded.

Evans have done a great fettling job of attaching the SKS mud guards. I have bought a disk specific rack but like you I am not sure if I can bring myself to fit it yet.

Yeah more pics...

Nice one... yup, think I'm going to forget the rack.
Have also taken off the raceblade mudguards whilst the weather is rosy.
The bike is too nice looking for all the gumph.

The brakes have bedded in nicely now after about 1000 miles.
Love the more direct feeling of being able to stop.
Still no squeal... but have yet to ride in wet weather.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Here's a picture of my Honky Inc, 59 cm frame , so slightly larger than Ian's. Picture taken straight out of Evans, they fitted the mud guards, I haven't even taken the reflectors off yet. I need the guards to keep my bum dry and also keep the crap off the drive chain. Also I think a classic steel bike looks good with guards.
DSCF8204.jpg

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome to the Honky club bruv!

Beebo, can you take a close up pic of how they fitted the guards around the disk brakes.
Cheers
Ian

Top Bottom