The New Star Trek Film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Actually not as bad as I thought it woul be. And for 50% of the time 'Scotty' sounds vaguely Scottish. There's a good Scottish in joke, too, which made everyone in the (Edinburgh) cinema laugh.

The villain is a bit rubbish and the plot not really anything special, but the dynamic between Spock and Kirk pretty good and the banter was pretty funny.

Anyone else seen it?

Mr Pig

Melvil said:
Anyone else seen it?

No. I have a really bad feeling about it. Possibly because every other Star Trek product I've seen has been sh**?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Scotty's accent *should* wander around celtic and non-celtic countries over the course of the film, and indeed, sometimes, over the course of a single statement. I'm glad to see that the film stays true to this.

purpleR

Guru
"Set phasers tae malky"

I saw it last night too - didn't have a clue what was going on with all the time travelling, but that didn't stop me from enjjoying every minute!

Joe54

To Boldly Go

Hope to go see it next week at the Imax in Glasgow. I don't think its 3D but so few movies come around that i would pay the extra for in the Imax Beowolf being another exception and that was excellent in 3D.:blush:

scook94

Veteran
I must say I enjoyed it too.

Didn't buy Pegg as Scotty, his accent was way off plus he played the part for laughs, not the same Scotty we know and love. Also, didn't buy the "romance" either. But apart from that everyone else did a sterling job, definite shades of Shatner in Chris Pine's portrayal at times.

All in all, a good addition to the franchise...

purpleR

Guru
Joe54 said:
Hope to go see it next week at the Imax in Glasgow. I don't think its 3D but so few movies come around that i would pay the extra for in the Imax Beowolf being another exception and that was excellent in 3D.:blush:

It's one of those films where seeing it on the biggest screen you possibly can is a good move. Lots of things going BOOM all over the place. S'exciting!

Joe54

Star Trek

Can you add di-lithium crystals into your gear/chain set to get warp power. Only kiddin :blush: Don't even have a bike yet, waiting for voucher approval for C2WS

Kovu

Über Member
Going to see it in a few days, can't wait for it actually .. but have had the mick taken out of me a few times.

Top Bottom