The non-Brompton thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
I also note the online link for Halfords says "limited stock" which might just be a hustle to get punters to cough up or might mean no more for evermore in that colour or spec. Pity. I liked that orangey red. I will just sit tight for now.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's be a shame if that really was the last of the Intercity Disc models. To get something from Tern with a similar spec would have you looking at the Tern Verge D9 at £699, and even that doesn't come with two-piece chainset, and doesn't score as well with Bikeradar.

kfoto

Regular
I am a good 6 footer and wanted a lightweight folding bike which had adjustable extending saddle tube and handlebars. So many 20inch wheel models did not have this facility. I also wanted to convert it to an ebike. I had a narrowed down list of 5 models and after looking at all the pros and cons chose the Dawes Jack at £400. I have fitted a ebike kit to it from Yosepower and I am well pleased with the result.

kfoto

Regular
Dawes Jack Folding bike.

Attachments

• ∂awes jack.png
    ∂awes jack.png
    89 KB · Views: 14

teaboy

Über Member
I also note the online link for Halfords says "limited stock" which might just be a hustle to get punters to cough up or might mean no more for evermore in that colour or spec. Pity. I liked that orangey red. I will just sit tight for now.

You like orangey red need to look at Kudos Citrus £199 on line from Rally Design I brought one and love it

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
You like orangey red need to look at Kudos Citrus £199 on line from Rally Design I brought one and love it

The Citrus is a really nice looking frame and a decent level of kit for £199. Likely to be a worthy platform and worth the expense of upgrading the gears and brakes.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Carrera Intercity Disc 8 now "temporarily out of stock" at Halfords. Maybe never more to be seen, or to eventually re appear at a humungous new price? If so, just need to keep an eye out for similar reductions in due course.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The tidy little folding Carrera electric has also disappeared from their website :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm looking at a Tern Verge P10 and the Verge D9 at the moment.
Anyone on here have any of these?

Can get either for about a grand apiece.
The P10 is 101kgs lighter and is 10 speed compared to the D9's 9 (Brain clicks in, hence P10 & D9)

Apart from that, they are very similar bikes.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The P10 looks a flighty thing. I'd have that on looks alone because I'm shallow.

Top Bottom