The numbness...and ISM saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
livpoksoc

livpoksoc

Guru
Your weight is the biggest problem but you probably know this and is probably why you are cycling - no?
But - the front area of your body just above the problem area is adding to the pressure so try riding more upright for now until the belly goes. You might want to try standing on the pedals briefly/occasionally to allow blood to flow more easily.and make sure your shorts fit properly, companies like Assos design their shorts to allow for the bunching up that naturally occurs 'down there' in a bent over position.
Thanks, I know my main issue is the weight. I have a high degree stem to pur me in a natural position, though accordinf to other sources reverting to my original stem may be better as it would force me to put more weight on the bars and less on the saddle

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have an ISM Attack on my TT bike and took to it after one ride . I have a SMP chrono and SMP lite 2009 on my road bikes . Ive tried a lot of saddles and wish i had just gone straight for these two brands at the start . It would have saved me a lot of money .
I've never used those models but I have an SMP hybrid and an ISM PN1.1. Would you agree with that feeling of being on an ISP but in an SMP? It may be just the particular saddles I own but it's a distinct impression those saddles have given me.

ayceejay

Guru
Thanks, I know my main issue is the weight. I have a high degree stem to pur me in a natural position, though accordinf to other sources reverting to my original stem may be better as it would force me to put more weight on the bars and less on the saddle
Take into account how things will change so it may be wise to go for the simple rather than the expensive

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I've never used those models but I have an SMP hybrid and an ISM PN1.1. Would you agree with that feeling of being on an ISP but in an SMP? It may be just the particular saddles I own but it's a distinct impression those saddles have given me.
Never really thought about it but i guess so yes . The SMP certainly holds you in place .

Hip Priest

Veteran
I have an ISM Attack on my TT bike and took to it after one ride . I have a SMP chrono and SMP lite 2009 on my road bikes . Ive tried a lot of saddles and wish i had just gone straight for these two brands at the start . It would have saved me a lot of money .

Ditto. SMP on the road bike, ISM on the TT. I love my SMP so much I think I might ask to be buried with it.

Top Bottom