The oddest thing to happen to you on a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveP

Those who like animals should not look any further ;)

This has probably been done to death in many other threads, but…

I mainly ride along ‘B’ roads and minor ‘A’ roads.

I was out today and doing around 20 alongside a hedgerow, I saw this sparrow shoot out and before I could react dling dling, fh…fh…fh..crunch.

Straight into, or should I say through my front wheel with the parts that were not scattered to the four winds being run over by the rear..

http://www.justgiving.com/davidpallant

Mr Phoebus

;) Shredded Tweet.

No I won't get my coat. WTF should I?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I had it happen, but the bird didnt get shreaded. I was doing about 25mph and this blue tit dived straight out from a hedge which i was riding near, hit the front wheel then bounced off. I turned around to see what it was, the bird was just lieing on the road.
Stupid bugger.

Apeman

Über Member
Met a badger once crossing the road in front of me. Got to the other side but didnt like where he was going and came back. Looked up at me,didnt like me either and buggered off back where he came from. What a pointless journey! What a pointless story!!!!

gbb

Legendary Member
Apeman said:
Met a badger once crossing the road in front of me. Got to the other side but didnt like where he was going and came back. Looked up at me,didnt like me either and buggered off back where he came from. What a pointless journey! What a pointless story!!!!

Similar for me one dark night..
In the few feet of illuminated B road with my halogen..otherwise pitch black...i saw a black shaow loom out from the verge...cross my lights..and into the grass the other side. All this happened before i could react...and i found myself approaching the blob too quickly, and shouted 'fcuk offffff'

Why did i do that ;):biggrin:

Saddle bum

Über Member
Riding a "25" in the early '80s, struggling on a piece of false flat, into the wind, when a cat ran between front and back wheels. Dunno who was more surprised.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Had a rat go kamikaze on my back wheel once.

Mr Phoebus

I've had a scruffy mongrel sprint up from behind and go under my front wheel
while I was busy watching the other scruffy mongrel that was sprinting towards me from the side.
That bag of shite destroyed my beloved antique Viking.

aPicture025.jpg

Both tubes crumpled and forks pushed back.

Mr Pig

I ran over a small dog last year.

Well, not so much ran 'over' it as used it as a brake! It jammed under the front wheel and I scraped it along the tarmac for a second before bumping over it. It was pretty scuffed up. Jack Russell. I don't like them very much anyway.

Top Bottom