The oddest thing to happen to you on a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Strangest thing I ever had happen with a dog was the usual chase the cyclist routine. So as i was going uphill I deployed my pump to ward it off. One of the old style pumps that fit on frame pegs and had the flexible end that you pull out and screw on. Anyway I waived it vigorously at the mutt but didn't touch it, whereupon it suddenly gave a loud yelp and ran off.

So puzzled by this was I that I stopped and examined the pump to see if I had actually hit him. I then noticed the flexible bit of the pump was missing. It seemed that one vigorous wave had released it from the top of the pump, whereupon it had flown out and hit the mutt square on the nose causing him to scarper pronto. It took me a few minutes to find the missing bit.

Noodley

Anyone done 'deer racing'?

Takes a bit of practice and can only be done on roads where you know where the escape routes are, but loads of fun :sad: And the buggers can cover some amount of distance in one bound.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The club was on the way to Lincoln and i was near the back, nice warm day and quite a few out, doing a decent speed. Then this think was on the floor, i swerved and avoided it, as i flicked my bike around it i saw it was a rat. It had started to run through the group and jumped up and hit someone on the ankle trying to escape. This made it bounce off and roll around on the floor infront of me.
Thought it was a waterbottle at first.

I was cycling through Belgium a couple of years ago with a mate and we heard a loud shot! A couple of hundred yards away to our left in a large field, we could see a hunter (wearing a hi-viz jacket) shooting at two deers. He missed and the deers headed towards us. He fired again, and missed again.

The deers were making rapid progress towards us on the road and were literally, directly in the firing line between us and the hunter, who continued firing.

With a graceful leap, the deers cleared the fence, one of them skidding on its hoof(?) just a few feet in front of me as it landed on the tarmac.

I was so surprised that I didn't have time to react/brake, but just looked on in amazement, thinking I was in some kind of 3-D David Attenborough documentary.

The bloody hunter still had seen us (or didn't care) even though we had our yellow rain jackets on. ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
I was riding past the local lingerie model's college one lovely summer's day and I was riding so fast, all the girl's clothes fell off. I had to stop and help them and they were saying, "Oh Paul B you are so good looking. Please help us poor lingerie models find our clothes and help us back in to them." Which was nice.

Joe24

PaulB said:
I was riding past the local lingerie model's college one lovely summer's day and I was riding so fast, all the girl's clothes fell off. I had to stop and help them and they were saying, "Oh Paul B you are so good looking. Please help us poor lingerie models find our clothes and help us back in to them." Which was nice.

Blow up woman?;)

buggi

Bird Saviour
i once saw a panicked rabbit run back and forth between the wheels of 4 cars (travelling in opposite directions). i dunno how the hell it survived.

PaulB

Legendary Member
buggi said:
i once saw a panicked rabbit run back and forth between the wheels of 4 cars (travelling in opposite directions). i dunno how the hell it survived.

He was playing his own version of Frogger!

Joe24

magnatom said:
Blimey! :biggrin: Have you had some bad experiences with women to merit this extremism?......:sad::sad:

There i oftenthe upper body section of a blow up manakin left on my bike where i keep it at work. :sad:

Top Bottom