The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
From this evenings walk around Wimpole Hall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 26

Dave 123

Legendary Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Lounging around in the garden today.....

@laurence I was looking at them before on your Flickr Stream. I do love the whole film look about them, superb and superb quality too. Film though, shudders slightly at the memory of developing and printing.

i get them processed by the lomo lab, which is not far from work... trouble is, it's moving. i get nervous about sending films in the post. i'm still trying to work out an alternative, although they are talking about having drop off points for weekly collections.

they are great at processing as they are used to quirky (read downright weird) cameras and overlapping exposures and the like. apparently, some snappy snaps stores are good, but others not so. i don't get prints done, just processed and scanned. i also have a scanner now for any i want to get better copy scans of.

i get them processed by the lomo lab, which is not far from work... trouble is, it's moving. i get nervous about sending films in the post. i'm still trying to work out an alternative, although they are talking about having drop off points for weekly collections.

they are great at processing as they are used to quirky (read downright weird) cameras and overlapping exposures and the like. apparently, some snappy snaps stores are good, but others not so. i don't get prints done, just processed and scanned. i also have a scanner now for any i want to get better copy scans of.
What do they charge? Ones I looked at cost about 15 a film for processing and scanning.

Been into photography for as long as I can remember but get a bit fed up lugging gear about. I find unless I'm going out on a photography trip I prefer to just use the camera on the phone these days. It's more convenient and a lot less weight, plus it means I enjoy days out rather than spending the day looking through a viewfinder.
Here's one from yesterday. A late Christmas present from my wife. Tea at the Ritz.
image.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Been into photography for as long as I can remember but get a bit fed up lugging gear about. I find unless I'm going out on a photography trip I prefer to just use the camera on the phone these days. It's more convenient and a lot less weight, plus it means I enjoy days out rather than spending the day looking through a viewfinder.
Here's one from yesterday. A late Christmas present from my wife. Tea at the Ritz. View attachment 46377

That captures a mood. What did you eat, and more importantly I trust you wore Lycra?

Any relation to Lomo cameras? They used to produce some odd ones.

yup -it is the lab in the lomo shop - although it has now moved, it is still the lomo lab.

@laurence "daisies into the light" beautiful.

thank you... i am quite drawn to the daisies. every roll of film i get back i find loads of daisy shots on it!

What do they charge? Ones I looked at cost about 15 a film for processing and scanning.

35mm is £8 for colour. 120 is £9. add £2 for b&w and if you have a sprocket exposing camera it's £11.

the Lomo website also has a list of recommended (by users) labs...

http://www.lomography.com/more/photolabs/country/225-united-kingdom

luckily i can still drop off and collect from the east London shop, even though the lab has relocated.

That captures a mood. What did you eat, and more importantly I trust you wore Lycra?
Really surprised at how much we got.We had a couple of plates of sandwiches and were offered more if we wanted them, some gorgeous cakes and scones to die for. A glass of champagne and a selection of different teas. The waiter recommended a particular tea which really hit the spot and we were allowed several refills. After all that they then brought around a couple of more cakes to choose from on a trolley. We were in there for about an hour and a half and weren't rushed at all and everyone was so polite with no snootiness from the waiters who really made the day special. Thoroughly recommend it.
Of course I wore the full black lycra kit but they still insisted I wore a tie as well.

Top Bottom