The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
In the garden yesterday...
Dragonflies 3 small.jpg
Dragonfly 2 small.jpg

:smile: I have to confess to having had to double check it and even then I was doubtful - I know a good number by sight, and the nightingale by song, but not by sight oddly. You were really lucky with that photo!

A few years before we moved out of our old place, a nightingale made its nest in a yew tree no more than 4m from our bedroom window. We used to (and still do) sleep with the windows (& curtains) open all year around and I distinctly remember being woken up every night with its singing from the electricity cable than ran immediately in front of the bedroom window. For 2 hours, from about 1:30am/2am every night for around 16-18 days I had this nightingale singing less than 1m from an open bedroom window and I never once saw it! It was only when I mentioned it to a friend that I had had a demented robin crossed with a blackbird singing at the bedroom window that we realised what it was! (We lived on a nature reserve known for its rare birds including the Dartford Warbler. Over the years I photo'd all the resident birds and came up with over 48 species just in visiting our patch!)

Cyclist33

Have you got a new camera, or have you just been inspired by the light?

Stu

I was going through some files looking for something the other day when I came across this image, previously ignored because in one of my usual acts of incompetence I'd been fiddling with the camera and left it on 1600iso and then took this. It's really noisy and won't win any prizes but I decided I quite liked it anyhow. It's taken in Ardnamurchan.
IMGP0931.jpg

Top Bottom