The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robertob

Glasnevin Cemetery here in Dublin, close to where I live - took this shot on an evening recently there...

DSC_1067_zps3d438249.jpg

Alex H

Legendary Member
Glasnevin Cemetery here in Dublin, close to where I live - took this shot on an evening recently there...

Great pic - Very atmospheric :smile:

Is that a Lanterne des mortes in the middle? - I thought they were only built in France.

robertob

Dublin reality - that's what's happening if you leave your bike unattended for a while - found this in Drumcondra last weekend.

DSC_2857_2_zps633eff5a.jpg

The Giro was here in Dublin last month. 3rd stage, was positioned at the flamme rouge, shortly before the final bend.

DSC_2170_zpsfa660f50.jpg

robertob

[QUOTE 3128269, member: 45"]I lived in Drumcondra for a while, about 20 years ago. In the convent, I'll have you know.[/QUOTE]
Oh really? You mean the Monastery of St. Alphonsus - I believe it's called? I live just ten meters off it in St. Patrick's Road! :biggrin:
What did you do there? I always see loads of people walking in and out in the morning and evening, but I have no idea what is actually happening behind the walls... is it just a place to live or did you do something religious there?

robertob

[QUOTE 3129176, member: 45"]There's a Christian charity organisation called YWAM who used to have their Dublin base there. I was with them. Not sure whether they still use the site.

We used to climb over the wall to get to the airport chip shop. Is it still called that?

Is your road the one with the sign that looks like a gravestone on the pavement with an inscription that I couldn't understand?[/QUOTE]
Oh right, interesting. Not sure if they are still in there.
I would imagine the Chip Shop you referring to doesn't exist anymore. Generally there are shops only on he main street, Drumcondra Road now. My street is basically the one, if you're out of the main entrance, straight ahead, in direction of the train bridge.

Top Bottom