The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Legendary Member
The Picture Framer:

36982347621_81dd2eed5d_z.jpg

jhawk

Veteran
A few recent photos from me.

P9096376.jpg

P9096377.jpg

P9116452.jpg

P9126532.jpg

P9126552.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A few more snaps from my recent trip to the Appalachian Mountains...

downtown abingdon.jpg

Main Street, Abingdon, VA. I love the proper log cabin.

log cabin abingdon.jpg

freight train.jpg

By far the longest freight train I've ever seen.

The Virginia Creeper Trail: (possibly the most pleasent ride i've ever done; 34 miles and one can coast for the first 20 miles down the old railway)
green cove station.jpg

Green Cove Station near the top of the Creeper Trail.

Box bridge 1.jpg

A box bridge on the Creeper Trail.

creeper trail tressle bridge.jpg

A trestle bridge on the Creeper Trail. Recently rebuilt after a tornado flattened the old one.

creeper trail bridge.jpg

Another bridge (not my photo, that's me).

railroad crossing.jpg

The end of the trail in Abingdon. I must have passed this phone box five times before i noticed it.

cumberland gap.jpg

The view from Cumberland Gap where Tennessee, Kentucky and Virginia meet.

Hungry Mother Panorama 1.jpg

Kayaking on Hungry Mother Lake.

I've love to go back. It truly is a beautiful part of the world. I didn't take anywhere near enough photos.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Dear lovely photography cycling peeps....

Do you think it is worth doing a one-day course (for £70, which I can readily afford) aimed at owners of my sort of camera (Fujifilm X100 series) to learn how to wean myself off "everything set to A" on this natty little camera?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

Do you think it is worth doing a one-day course (for £70, which I can readily afford) aimed at owners of my sort of camera (Fujifilm X100 series) to learn how to wean myself off "everything set to A" on this natty little camera?

Yes. I looked at that one, very nice but went with an X20 in the end. Great piece of kit though.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

Yes, once you know how to take those photo's the auto setting will not cope with you'll have more fun.

Yeah do it. Even if you know how to use it off A, it's probably still going to be useful and a chance to ask questions.

Top Bottom