The police doing it wrong again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Won't take a statement from you because you're related? Methinks a robust letter of complaint to the area commander is in order - it's their job to gather evidence, and the job of the court to decide it's worth.

After all, we take enough statements from relative of assault and homicide victims.
Just this. Go and make a complaint.

toontra

Veteran
Won't take a statement from you because you're related? Methinks a robust letter of complaint to the area commander is in order - it's their job to gather evidence, and the job of the court to decide it's worth.

After all, we take enough statements from relative of assault and homicide victims.

I'm afraid that will just be wasting more time and effort. I know this from experience. They are not interested - simple as that - and going to the commander / MP / IPPC will get you stock replies but no action whatever. Sad but true.

Same happened to me, the driver was reported at the scene the rtc report went off to the TPO(traffic process office) who then promptly did fark all with it. Stated no independent witnesses etc. I went ballistic but nothing changed.
I was speaking to a friend who was in charge at the Colliston Investigation Unit and he says it's become the norm now as the bods in the TPO haven't got the first clue as it's no longer Officer in there.
Did Police attend at the time? Where you the only witness or did you gather any bystander details?
I'm a Copper so it happened to me and it pisses me off as much as pisses you off.
Hope she feels better soon.

toontra

Veteran
Formal Complaint.

I don't think you've read what people are posting! A formal complaint (or any other kind of complaint) will get you exactly no-where. It is a waste of time - full stop. This is not only my experience but that of many others here.

Why raise expectations and waste time with doing something that has zero chance of changing anything?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
A formal complaint (or any other kind of complaint) will get you exactly no-where. It is a waste of time - full stop.
Not entirely. If this happens enough, some bright journalist will use Freedom of Information Act requests to report on how many formal complaints have been made and it might help finally shame someone into action.

Just don't expect complaining to help you personally.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't think you've read what people are posting! A formal complaint (or any other kind of complaint) will get you exactly no-where. It is a waste of time - full stop. This is not only my experience but that of many others here.

Why raise expectations and waste time with doing something that has zero chance of changing anything?
There's a system in place that requires following.

Top Bottom