The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
The only three 121's that I believe are running are all in the hands of Chiltern Railways.

I saw one just last Wednesday at Princes Riseborough as I passed through. I would have grabbed a photo but was just too slow

Well if you want to experience the delights of a Class 121, better hurry to central Buckinghamshire as soon as you can, as reports are that Chiltern are retiring them fairly soon. I got to ride on one just the other week, although it was mainly for the purposes of helping someone film a video for YouTube!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB9JlpgBp9w&t=0s

Screenshot (49).png

Nene Valley Railway is only 15 miles from me and yet I have only visited the place once, I made the most of it by taking both the camera and the drone.

DSC_0299.jpg

The Flying Scotsman rattled through Peterboring last year, I was not at work for both the days that it came through, so I popped out with the camera and took a few pics ( This was the North-bound journey from Kings Cross to York)

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
View attachment 337902

Nene Valley Railway is only 15 miles from me and yet I have only visited the place once, I made the most of it by taking both the camera and the drone.

View attachment 337904

The Flying Scotsman rattled through Peterboring last year, I was not at work for both the days that it came through, so I popped out with the camera and took a few pics ( This was the North-bound journey from Kings Cross to York)

And with a little bit of tilt shift you can make it look like a model railway....

Screenshot (49).png

Last edited:
U

User19783

I've got several rail journeys in my upcoming trip to India - including the hill railway up to Shimla.

Plus we have 6 days extra in Mumbai that will be spent taking day trips by rail to various places.

Sounds great,
I wish I could do that.
So please, post loads of photos of your journey.

robjh

Legendary Member
A cross-posting with the Beer thread
20170401 CycleChat meet Cambridge (1).JPG

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Did the Spa Valley line in Kent a couple of weeks back. Nothing notable by way of locomotion, just an industrial saddle tank named Ugly.

They've got a Deltic; 55019 ‘ROYAL HIGHLAND FUSILIER’ coming in early August and they are selling driver experience packages.

Brotherton railway bridge

The village is only just to the north of FerryBridge, & at the point where the Great North Road, split with the Tadcaster TurnPike - the York Road followed too, to 'Tad' (Bramham CrossRoads really was, up to not long after WW2 (as far as I know)
FerryBridge is best known nowadays for the crossing point of the M62 & A1, and the Power Station

Infrastructure. Bridge. Brotherton. 1 - Copy.JPG

As the stone-plaque denotes, the previous structure was tubular, apparently resembling Telfords Conway & Holyhead Bridges, but surprisingly I can't find a picture of the old bridge online (unless my search words are wrong)

Infrastructure. Bridge. Brotherton. 2.JPG

Top Bottom