The saddest saddo on the planet - EVER!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimano

mickle gets my vote for post of the year! funniest thing I've read in a long time

So you've got a guy, who spends what others regard as silly money on his machine, makes sure it looks right with some bling carbon and shiny bits, spends alot of time cleaning and fettling it, and enjoys the fact that he has something (in his eyes) a bit special.

This differs from what alot of bike owners do, how?

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
monstadog said:
So you've got a guy, who spends what others regard as silly money on his machine, makes sure it looks right with some bling carbon and shiny bits, spends alot of time cleaning and fettling it, and enjoys the fact that he has something (in his eyes) a bit special.

I don't think a wash down with Fairy liquid and a wipe with a rag comes close to this guy, do you?

Smeggers

Its what happens when OCD meets Petrol Head I suppose.

jay clock

Massive member
I must say I was impressed with his knowledge. But I do triathlons, where cyclists are even more bling-conscious than the average rider, and a colleague the other day told me he had a mate who had spent over A THOUSAND POUNDS on a bike. Mine was £600 down from £1400, and even that to my colleagues is utter lunacy.

Having said all that, it was a Vauxhall. What I couldn't work out was that he was cleaning a new car. The same forum had a report about a mere 45hrs cleaning up a really grubby white Saab, which I found more impressive. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83165&highlight=saab

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
monstadog said:

Come to think of it, I wonder what he would charge for bringing a bike up to scratch? (Perhaps best not use the word scratch when asking him though as it could make him faint.)

Night Train

Maker of Things
jay clock said:
I must say I was impressed with his knowledge. But I do triathlons, where cyclists are even more bling-conscious than the average rider, and a colleague the other day told me he had a mate who had spent over A THOUSAND POUNDS on a bike. Mine was £600 down from £1400, and even that to my colleagues is utter lunacy.

Having said all that, it was a Vauxhall. What I couldn't work out was that he was cleaning a new car. The same forum had a report about a mere 45hrs cleaning up a really grubby white Saab, which I found more impressive. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83165&highlight=saab
I wonder if these guys take their shoes off before getting in the car to drive, that's if they even drive them afterwards. Do you think their homes are as well cleaned?

I knew a bodyshop man when I was doing my mechanics apprenticship who was really into detailing. He was having work done on his house and didn't think the plasterer was good enough so he replastered his living room himself, walls and ceiling. Then he machine sanded the plaster and then wet and dry hand sanded it before polishing to a mirror finish, dead flat surface. He then spray painted the plaster and went through the hand sanding to get mirror finish on the paint. His wife left him as he began pinstriping the walls!

wafflycat

jay clock said:

Ah well, if he thinks that's bad, better not tell him I bought one of these and a pair of these :biggrin:

Top Bottom