The Saturday Dinnertime mad panic dash to Euston

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

To all on board the 09:34 Brighton to London Bridge, a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thank you, especially the guy with the laptop who I suspect does not post on here. At one point it was like the scene out of Knotting Hill were everyone argues the quickest way!!!

Got off train at London Bridge, platform clock 10:31 and some seconds (can't remember)

Got on train at Euston 10:45 and 8 seconds, train departed bang on time at 10:46!!!!!

As a matter of interest I asked the guard who stated my cheapo ticket was only valid on the 10:46 and no other service what-so-ever, it would have had to be a mightly impressive blag to catch the later, run by a different operator, service. I fear it may have had to incur the loss of some limbs to be convincing, note to myself - pack circular saw for next month's ride.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Glad you got the train!
I vaguely remember the conversation, but as I didn't have any useful contribution to make I kept out of it.
I may have been snoring, TBH. :angry:

OP
OP
M

mike e

Des, if your back from Dunwich and reading this, I owe you cash for the re-arranged train ticket. Sorry. In the midst of the panic and planning I forgot. Can I square up with you on the Bognor ride??

Top Bottom