The Singapore Grand Prix.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
As the grand prix is being held at night time, would it not be a little more interesting if there was say a 30 second window where the drivers knew that at some point, not neccesarally known when, all of the flood lights were going to be switched off . The cars could be fitted with headlights, maybe, and after the lights came back on we could see how many cars were still on the track, and who was hiding in one of the cut offs to rejoin the race? You can probably tell that I am not a great fan of Formular 1 racing.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Paulus said:
As the grand prix is being held at night time, would it not be a little more interesting if there was say a 30 second window where the drivers knew that at some point, not neccesarally known when, all of the flood lights were going to be switched off . The cars could be fitted with headlights, maybe, and after the lights came back on we could see how many cars were still on the track, and who was hiding in one of the cut offs to rejoin the race? You can probably tell that I am not a great fan of Formular 1 racing.

:blush::biggrin::biggrin:

I quite like the concept at night, but then again I used to watch a bit of NASCAR and Le Mans.

TVC

How can Formula 1 on a street circuit ever be interesting? About as much overtaking as you get in tightrope walking

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I think they should let some of the local taxi drivers onto the track to swerve all over the place and cut people up to collect fares

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Seems like a reasonable race so far, and the place does look good all lit up!

Shame the ticket touts are so greedy today!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
This gets even better, they should introduce more refuelling accidents!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
no, they've made pretty sure you have to pay to see it. The road bridges are motorways...

you can hear it for free though!

Rob S

Seems to have been a success, I'm sure Bernie will insist more of the Far East races are run under lights...that way everyone's a winner from the revenue side of things.

Top Bottom