The Singapore Grand Prix.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

With half the World using energy saving light bulbs, recycling rubbish, buying less polluting cars. All this is wiped out at a stroke by Bernie's Circus!!
The light and carbon pollution this race has acheived is beyond belief.:evil:

Rob S

girofan said:
With half the World using energy saving light bulbs, recycling rubbish, buying less polluting cars. All this is wiped out at a stroke by Bernie's Circus!!
The light and carbon pollution this race has acheived is beyond belief.:evil:

Probably not...F1 has been carbon neutral since before most soap-shy tree huggers had heard of carbon neutral.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
girofan said:
The light and carbon pollution this race has acheived is beyond belief.:angry:
More fuel is used during a Tour de France than in a Grand Prix.

Rob S

Chuffy said:
Er, how exactly?
I mean I enjoy F1 but it's at the absolute cutting edge of Western materialism and excessive consumption.

Bernie said that they have been doing whatever it is that makes things carbon neutral for a good few years before the general public had heard of such things.

Rob S said:
Bernie said that they have been doing whatever it is that makes things carbon neutral for a good few years before the general public had heard of such things.
That's not the most convincing argument Rob...:angry:
Seriously though, with all the hoopla generated by each GP, the logistics that go into setting them up and the constant air travel with kit and crew etc etc I'd expect Bernie to be planting an awful lot of trees...

Smokin' - There are more Grand Prix than there are Tours de France. Anyway, the fuel used by the cars is only a very small part of the equation.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
Smokin' - There are more Grand Prix than there are Tours de France. Anyway, the fuel used by the cars is only a very small part of the equation.

And there are far more professional cycle races than the Tour de France, which is accompanied by 1500 vehicles driving round at a very fuel inefficient 25mph for three weeks.

Rob S

Chuffy said:
That's not the most convincing argument Rob...:angry:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56953

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Ron and others seem to think it likely it'll rain in two of the last races, so 7pts (which is what it should have been)for me is not really a big enough lead with 3 races to go.

Top Bottom