The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Son has a Fabia Monte Carlo (current shape). Was a 1.2 TSI 109 bhp, but has done some serious modding, Stage 3'ed to 178bhp and the turbo promptly disintegrated and wrecked the engine.

Now has a 1.4 TSI (new engine) that's been properly mapped to about 170 bhp. Not broken yet ! Unfortunately, my garage is a no go zone and looks like a scrap yard.

Son has a Fabia Monte Carlo (current shape). Was a 1.2 TSI 109 bhp, but has done some serious modding, Stage 3'ed to 178bhp and the turbo promptly disintegrated and wrecked the engine.

Now has a 1.4 TSI (new engine) that's been properly mapped to about 170 bhp. Not broken yet ! Unfortunately, my garage is a no go zone and looks like a scrap yard.

:wacko:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've got a Superb hatchback, it's the best car I've ever had by a long way, you can fit a wardrobe and 3 kids in it, and it'll cruise to Scotland and back without knackering you out in the process. I don't think I'll ever want anything other than a Skoda now.
And of course they're often chosen as team cars in the TdF!
20210225_182347.jpg

Venod

Eh up
Wife had a Fabia Estate, 1.2 TSI, I liked it, plenty of room for a bike with the seats down, turbo replaced under warranty was the only problem she had with it.
I put a £500 deposit down an 1.5 TSI Karoq as a replacement for my Nissan Qashqai but then found out about the problems with this engine throughout the VW group.
The salesmen at Skoda are the worst I have experienced in all my years of car buying, the wife's car was a pre-registered it was advertised with steering wheel remote controls but on delivery it was an ordinary wheel, the quite ignorant salesman wasn't interested until I showed him a copy of the original ad, he then had to agree to a refund. (Skoda Wakefield)
Getting the deposit back for the Karoq was another struggle, numerous phone calls and emails, and promises to refund produced nothing, I had to visit the dealers and insist they refunded me while I was there. (Skoda Leeds)

There is a very long thread on the Skoda Forum re the 1.5 TSI issue, there is also one on the VW Forum.

https://car-recalls.eu/official-vw-skoda-and-seat-recall-for-some-bouncing-1-5-tsi-engines/

dodgy

I’ve owned 6 Skoda octavias since 2000. I was the butt of a lot of jokes in the early days, but Skoda vfm was unparalleled. Shame that’s no longer the case. I wanted an enyaq on retirement but once you add heat pump, high speed charging (an option!!!!!) and a few other luxuries, you’re nudging £50k :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
I have an '07 Fabia 1.2 although it's not currently on the road.

It seems solid and well constructed with decent space efficiency but I find it bland to look at and to bland to drive. I wouldn't have bought one except for the fact that the price was right (i.e. Free). I had a lot of niggles to fix on it such as the broken gear linkage, knackered window winder and heater fan.

Considering my Peugeot is twice the age with more than twice the mileage without any of those problems makes me query if VW's legendary reliability is as good as people say it is.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’ve owned 6 Skoda octavias since 2000. I was the butt of a lot of jokes in the early days, but Skoda vfm was unparalleled. Shame that’s no longer the case. I wanted an enyaq on retirement but once you add heat pump, high speed charging (an option!!!!!) and a few other luxuries, you’re nudging £50k :laugh:
Electric cars are going to have to get cheaper across the board before they get mass market appeal. But £50k is the top price. They start at under £35k without the bells and whistles.
The thing that annoys me at the moment is their radio adverts which insist on using a foreign pronunciation for Skoda, with a soft K, something like Shcroda. No one is going to be saying that, it’s always going to be a hard K.

As @Drago has his Volvo thread, l thought l’d start this, as l’m sat here in our self-catering ‘cottage’ (stone terrace)

We’re in Felton, which is part-way between Morpeth & Alnwick
It was on The Great North Road & not bypassed until 1981!

‘Background’ aside

This is how many there are here
(the black Kodiaq is mine)
View attachment 597350

Plus;
Superb estate out of shot, to my left
2 x Yetis up the road

A house with a Rapid & Fabia in the yard

Skoda City!!!

Earlier this evening from our bedroom window
(silver ‘mk1’ belongs to neighbour

That’s 5 (including the one at opposite side)

And, looking straight across at the house named The Livery
So named, as it was once the premises of a clothiers that had a lot of contracts to supply uniforms to a lot of Northumbrian big houses & estates

Skodas are good cars, but they are almost indistinguishable from many other modern cars, especially and obviously the other VAG models. The only exception was the Yeti, which I am now on my second and which did stand out from most other cars. I am not sure which car to get next, but my Yeti has only done 30k miles so I'll be keeping it for a while.

Top Bottom