The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My bets are that they'll be getting the ferry from Bari but I couldn't guess if they'd go to Albania or Greece. Greece has a huge direct road straight off the ferry that cuts right through the country but it's horrible a bit like riding the length of the A10. :crazy:
That sounds gruesome!

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
That sounds gruesome!

Glorious! ;)

4622126.jpg

Teef, I think they'll be ferrying from Bari - island (that's not in Wales, boyos and girlos)
MatthewW seems to be going better than James and Ed . They also Serb who only Istan bul and wait

Bari tone is set by Rich with lovely words. That big road looks like something from Milton Keynes - who'sonnet? There is one big lump in the background too!
I agree, Rich, MW is going well and might sneak in - we'll call him 'back door Matt' if he does.
For any riders following this thread via TwitTweet, England are hammering away at the Australians, who are 139-4 Rogers 68 not out, Watson 30 not out. Meanwhile, in the other test, Alligaert has made 2696 not out v Turkey & others, and is closing in on victory.

Go Bari!

60 miles to go for Kristoff!!!
He'll be there before bedtime!
I should cocoa
actually I should beero

He'll have time to ride back to Westminster Bridge. No point dossing around.

I just logged into TwitTweet and there are clues to Bari...:smile:
Mikko Mäkipää@mkpaa
30m
With some 350km to Bari this is 1st time since #lel2013 that I am motivated by the fact that pushing pedals will give me more time to rest.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
where do they sleep? tents or cheap hotels?

Bus shelter for one of the riders, hill side for another, hotel lobby at a check point basically everywhere and anywhere.

20 Krislometres to go for Allegaert. I hope the other riders are not too Kristof when they hear the news. P.H.E.N.O.M.E.N.A.L. :bravo:
However, Go Rimas! :smile:

Wednesday breakfast in Istanbul for Rimas? And maybe Ed Jones shortly after... They are riding about 140kms apart, or 4cms on the Transcontinental Race map. :rolleyes:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
GRimas' route has been curiously political - he's now kept up his Balkans boycott and is heading directly to Romania. He also seems to have signed his route ''zigzag,'' having gone furthest to the south in the 2st half and furthest north in the 2nd.

GRimas' route has been curiously political - he's now kept up his Balkans boycott and is heading directly to Romania. He also seems to have signed his route ''zigzag,'' having gone furthest to the south in the 2st half and furthest north in the 2nd.

Was Rimas 2 stones heavier when he kicked off, Chris? ^_^
'Zigzag' eh? I like artistic cycling, but Surrealism is a bit 'de trop' when one's poor old pins have all that terrain to cover. :wacko:

Top Bottom