The witch hunt ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
....is back on. Just when we'd the drug topic had run out of steam and we're Armstronged out then Pat Drugbuster McQuaid has given us a new lease of life!

The wave of doping cases in cycling may not be over. UCI president Pat McQuaid confirmed that "some" cyclists are being investigated under the results of the biological passport. More recently this month, UCI anti-doping commission head Anne Gripper had already revealed that the UCI is currently examining suspect profiles that could lead to the opening of a disciplinary procedure.

Speaking at an anti-doping conference in Berlin, McQuaid said that, "Based on conspicuous results from the newly-introduced blood profiles, there will be some positive cases," according to German press agencies. He indicated that the irregularities lead to the assumption that forbidden substances or methods were used. He did not say which riders may be involved, or how many it might be. UCI attorneys are still looking into the matter.

...or is this old news?

yello

...or is it just McQuaid trying to convince us that he is actually doing something??????????

Keith Oates

Janner
IMO McQuaid would not have said this if there wasn't something in the wind BUT it is also my opinion that he should not have said anything until all the information had been assessed and confirmed. This now gets everyone talking negatively again and puts pressure on the people doing the testing and checking to speed up their work. Not a good situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yenrod

I read in the Cyclesport today -armstrong- article: that LA doesnt mind keeping blood samples for later testing.

Such has been as argument in regards to this in the past.

Unbeleivable.

Noodley

yenrod said:
I read in the Cyclesport today -armstrong- article: that LA doesnt mind keeping blood samples for later testing.

He does not mind keeping them, it's the testing bit he's a bit funny about. ;)
...so that is a lie.

I wonder how long until he returns to his claims of being the most tested athlete ever?....yet another lie.

mondobongo

Über Member
Throw another log under the cauldron as they are also going to re-test samples taken at the Olympics.

The biggest problem is a little thing called "Validity"

No-one knows how these tests work on older samples - it is assumed the results are the same..... but are they?

Does poor storage cause false negatives?

Once again grandstanding to the headlines to hide the real flaws in the system oftesting.

Dave5N

Über Member
Cunobelin said:

No-one knows how these tests work on older samples - it is assumed the results are the same..... but are they?

Once again grandstanding to the headlines to hide the real flaws in the system oftesting.

yup. Mc Quaid all over.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cunobelin said:

Surely it's not beyond the wit of man to test whether samples deteriorate or nor. Controlled tests etc. Why assume that they cannot?
DNA and forensic testing in criminal cases is highly sophisticated and just because Armstrong says he doesn't trust it that is no reason for us to take his word for it.
If the experts say it's a realistic and verifiable test then I'll take that. The only people who deny tests are valid seem to be paragons of virtue such as Hamilton, Landis and co.

If the experts say it's a realistic and verifiable test then I'll take that. The only people who deny tests are valid seem to be paragons of virtue such as Hamilton, Landis and co.

Yup - couldn't agree more.

Yikes they can even get DNA out of dried blood thats tens of years old.

So blood samples can suddenly spontaneously 'combust'(for want of a better word) with EPO/CERA , when it didn't exist before. B*llocks. Pull the other one guys.

I have to admit I enjoyed watching Ponce Armstrong i n the Tour - however there's been such a lot of negative publicity surrounding him since he's retired, that he's trying to play the good guy during this return. But I'm afraid he'd be better off staying retired.

As Lincoln once said, "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
"

Top Bottom