There's a rat in mi garden what am I gunna do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
So, my dining room table overlooks my grounds and on a number of occasions whilst eating we've watched as Mr Rat trots across the lawn and has dinner his self, dining in the bots and bobs dropped by the birds from the feeders.

My colleagues at work are advising all kinds of rat torture and destruction, warning that I'll soon be invaded by 1000s of rats otherwise.
I'm a bit unsure. I thought you were never more than 6 feet from a rat in an urban environment. Just cos this ones happy to perambulate through the garden shouldn't earn him a death penalty should it?
Clever minds think alike when it comes to thread titles :smile:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/theres-a-rat-in-me-compost-what-am-i-gonna-do.4362/

classic33

Leg End Member
1. Learn to spell in the heading.
2. Kill the rat, and any ratty friends, before they breed and populate your garden.
3. Rats love bird food, so stop feeding the birds after you've killed all of the rats, ie. you have not seen any, nor trapped any in the last two or three weeks.
She's from South Yorkshire, regional variations.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
We had a rat that used to visit the garden from time to time. I think it was raiding the compost bin.
We got rid of the compost bin and cut down some largish bushes so there's less places for it to hide and it seems to have gone away.
Both neighbours have terrier type dogs, but ratty seemed perfectly happy coming from and going to, either side.

Mrs M

Guru
No messing, send in the big guy!
image.jpg

I've got plenty of warfarin, if you want some ...

Best way to administer the warfarin ... tie it to the end of a hammer and whack it.

Ern1e

Über Member
I've got plenty of warfarin, if you want some ...

Best way to administer the warfarin ... tie it to the end of a hammer and whack it.
OMG it seems that I have been doing it the wrong way round I give then some warfarin first then hit them with the hammer ! I found that way round the little sod's could not run that fast.

Mrs M

Guru
Nice looking cat @Mrs M but I find that cats like to play with their prey for a while, where has the terriorist just get the job done and then onto it's next poor victim lol.
Agreed, he does play with whatever he catches.
Been so warm lately we've had the bedroom window wide open at night, he brought a live bird in the other night and released it under the bed. Not the most welcome gift at 2.30am.

Ern1e

Über Member
Agreed, he does play with whatever he catches.
Been so warm lately we've had the bedroom window wide open at night, he brought a live bird in the other night and released it under the bed. Not the most welcome gift at 2.30am.
One of ours decided it should reward us with a nice large grey squirrel which she brought home kicking and screaming last month, this was of much delight to a certain little black sod, not sure just which was worst the mess made buy the squirrel or the after effects of it's capture lol.

D

Deleted member 26715

1. Learn to spell in the heading.
Seems perfectly spelt to me, although a play on words from a UB40 album, however if you remember North, East & West Ridings then you're probably too old to appreciate the humour.

classic33

Leg End Member
Seems perfectly spelt to me, although a play on words from a UB40 album, however if you remember North, East & West Ridings then you're probably too old to appreciate the humour.
Tis only 41 years ago!

Last edited:
Top Bottom