Third bike on a budget build! (Scott foil)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorvernRob

All the soaps were on record lol... Not for me i prefer documentaries ad bbc3! The bars are from someone i trust he rides for ktm ive gave them some good yanking and heard nothing else, its just when i tighten the one bolt so could be the stem, ive heard of deda stems having bad threading?
Im riding the commute on it tommorrow will cover about 30 mile with a hell of a rough surface windey decent so if you dont hear from me by midnight the bars have snapped and im either in a bag or a&e :laugh:

If you only heard it when tightening one bolt (and not near the recommended torque) then you're probably right, may even be a bit of excess lacquer found it's way into the thread.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I lived!! Felt horrible, seatpost slipped right away despite carbon paste but I can't remember how much I tightened it tbf, but I did have the bars slammed , put them back up now and feels miles better.
the hoods feel horrid though and are really hurting my hands there is no padding at all on the flat section so really hurts but maybe I just need to keep tweeking,

Feels fast though! Very stiff!

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I lived!! Felt horrible, seatpost slipped right away despite carbon paste but I can't remember how much I tightened it tbf, but I did have the bars slammed , put them back up now and feels miles better.
the hoods feel horrid though and are really hurting my hands there is no padding at all on the flat section so really hurts but maybe I just need to keep tweeking,

Feels fast though! Very stiff!

If you really don't like it that much I may have a couple of hundred quid I'd be able to shift your way for this in return...Don't bother yourself taking it out again to see if it gets any better, it probably won't and you may hurt yourself...I can save you going through that pain...

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was going to mention the position of the bars Jack but didn't want to incase that's where you liked them . I would spin them up a bit , maybe so the hoods are 15mm ? higher than they are now ? I've done the same myself when swapping over bars and spinning them up did the trick and stopped my hands hurting .

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I usually like them lower but with this it's the actual hood shape, think I'll experiment a lot today before I take it on 80 mile tommororw, couldn't get 5 mile without my hands being in agony! If it does go on sale I'll stick it up here first ;)

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Went out today hands still hurting but tbh I think it's due to the specialized s wrap bartape it literally feels like concrete! Flipped the stem to make it abit comfier but looks abit daft, will take a few more rides to get it sorted fit wise.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 28

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
You'll need some nobblies.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Did you try spinning the bars up a little ? Or did you flip the stem and put the bars back in the same position ?

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I did both cuchillo, think im going to tilt them back down again a tad though, i played with my saddle and tilted it down as i usually have it and comfort went up atleast 200 percent! I just cant decide if i need a longer or shorter stem if that makes sense. ive got a 120mm i feel less stretched when sitting forward on the saddle but when i sit over the back of the saddle i feel more comftorable in other areas.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Hmmm I was thinking the pain in your hands is because of the pressure you are putting on the hoods . Do you ride on the hoods a lot ?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Have you tried lowering the saddle a touch and bring the nose up slightly on the saddle.....it does look very nise down to my eye

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Nose down is how i always have them as it stops my back pain it actually made the hoods more comftorable, i ride on the tops and hoods mainly its the square profile of the hoods digging onto the palms of my hands thats hurting

Top Bottom